Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Para Devathai Stotram in Tamil


Para Devathai  Stotram in Tamil

Translated  by
P.R.Ramachander



(Para devathai  means “divine  Goddess” and this prayer  is addressed to Goddess Parvathi)

1.Kotharugum  kondrai  thumbai  choodum ,
Kodi lingar  bhagamudayavale.
Mai kuzhali  mangayum  avale  ,
Vaar  kathu  pani isayum vadive

She who has  a portion  of  the God  of one crore Lingas,
Who wears  bunch of  Arugam  grass, KOndrai  and Thumbai   flowers,
She who has   hair as  black as collyrium,
Who has a form of long ears , which is willing to hear us,

2.POr kodiye  , adiyen idar  theerpai,
Pugazhudau  mukthi padham   alippai,
Suthamaam  jothi  oli kaatti,
Jayamaana  mukthi padham  tharuvai

Oh golden climber plant , remove  my  problems  ,
Grant me salvation   along   with fame  ,
Showing   very pure luster of flame,
Please give me salvation   which is victorious.

3.Kandam karuthavar  eesanidathil,
Karunayudan yenakku uruthi  cholvai,
Dandam panikindren, pothi pothi  pothi, unthan,
Chinmayananda  padham tharuvai

Please  give assurance   for me ,
With the God    who has   a dark  neck,
I am saluting you, hail, hail , hail,
Please give me your position  of divine joy.

4.Padhakangal theerave   yenakku,
Parthiduvaai un karunai  vizhiyaal,
Parvathiyamma, yen pavangalai  pokki,
Parivudane moksha padham arulvai

For all  my   sins    to go away  ,
Please see me   with your merciful eyes.
Oh mother Parvathi , after  removing my sins,
With  mercy  , please  give me position of Salvation.

5.Amma , yettatha  uyarathil iruppai nee,
Yennudaya  manathil   yeppozhuthum ullai,
Bhaktharkalai   thedi azhaippai, avargal,
Pavangal paasangal  cheraamal  ozhippai.

Om mother , you who are in unreachable   heights ,
Are living   always  in my mind  ,
Please search and call all your devotees and remove,
Their sins and attachments , so that  they   do not stick.,

6.Thunbam yenum pava kadalile vizhunthu,
Thai mukham kaanaatha  pillai  poala,
Pulambukiren, intha   karma  bhoomiyile,
Periyorkal kozguthethum  Nayagi

In this land  of Karma , I am  shoting and crying,
Like a child which has not seen its mother,
After  falling in the ocean of sin called  , sorrow,
Oh Goddess   who is saluted and hailed  by elders

7.THaaye  saranam, un thaale  saranam  , SAnkariye saranam,
Minne  saranam , Meenamba saranam , Meenakshi devi saranam,
Ponne saranam  poove saranam , por padhame saranam,
Saranam saranam  yennidar  theerthu  sayujyam   tharuvai

I surrender  to you mother  Surrender to your feet ,surrender to  Goddess SAnkari,
Surrender  to the light, Surrender  to  mother Meena , Surrender  to Goddess  Meenakshi,
Surrender to you gold , Surrender to you flower, Surrender to you  golden feet,
Surrender , surrender, Remove my troubles  and grant  me salvation

8.Acham thulaippai , arulai pozhivai,
Azhiyaa  padhmanakku arulvai,
Thoppai vayiththan  thumbikkayaal  yennai,
Thookiye   karayil  cherthiduvai

Please  destroy  my fear  , pour   your grace  ,
Please give  me a  deathless position,
Oh God with a paunch  , using   your trunk,
Lift us  and make   us reach the   shore

9.Charanamendru unathu  thaalinai  paninthen,
Thalli  vidalaamaa?
Nedu naalaai unnai  nambinathellam,
Nishpalanaai   vidumaa?

I saluted  your feet  saying  I surrender ,
Should  you push me away?
Would my believing  in you  for a long time  ,
Become  a  useless  exercise?

10.Karuna nidhiye , kalyaani umaye,
Kadambha  vaneswariye  ,
Paasathai pokki, bhava  bhayam neekki ,
Padha  nizhalil cherppai  .

Oh treasure  of mercy  , Oh Kalyani, Oh Uma,
Oh Goddess  who  is in the forest  of Kadhambha ,
After  removing my attachments and after removing  my fear of Samsara,
Please make me stay  under the shadow of your feet.

11.Panchaksharathai  upadhesam panni ,
Bhava  bhayam pokkuvippai  ,
Deviye SAnkara  vamathile cherntha,
SEvayai  thathu  arulvai  .

Please  teach me  the five letter chant (Namashivaya)  ,
And remove   from me  , the   fear  of Samsara,
Oh goddess , who is joined to the left  of Lord Sankara,
Please  grant me   service to you.

12.Annai umaye ,unnai allathu  yenthanukku,
AAdhaaram  verumundo?
Kamala  dala lochini, Kadambha  vana  vasini,
Kaivalya  padha  dhayini.

Oh mother Umma, Are there  any support,
For me except you?
Oh Goddess with lotus petal  like eye who lives in Kadamba  forest,
Who grants   us the  position of salvation.

13,Visamemellam  niraintha   viswesar vamathile,
Vilangidum devi neeye ,
Anthari , sundari, shiva kama sundhari,
Aadhi para sakthi  neeye.

You are  the goddess  who shines  on left side  ,
Of Lord Visweswara  who is everywhere in the world ,
Oh pretty lady who is inside all , Oh Pretty one  who makes Shiva passionate,
You are  the primeval  divine  power.

14,SAnthathamum unnai  naan  saranamendru  nambinen,
Paavamellam  pokkiye,
Anavaratham  karuna  kadaksham  vaithennai,
Adimai  konde aaluvai

I always  believed that  I have surrendered to you,
Please  remove all my sins,
And by always keeping your merciful glance on me  ,
Make  me  your slave   and rule over me,.




No comments: