Friday, June 8, 2018

Simple prayer suitable for chanting on Saturday


Simple prayer   suitable for chanting on Saturday(Chant  2 prayers to Saturn  and three  to  the God of your choice  from What I have given

Compiled by
P.R.Ramachander






(Five  small prayers with  meaning  ideal to be chanted  on Saturdays .Please  whenever you complete your bath, chant  these prayers.You would feel you  have done  your duty to God.)
Pray  Lord Saneeswara

Neelanjanasamaabhasam Ravi Putram Yamaagrajam
Chaaya Marthanda Sambhootam Tam Namaami Shanaiswaram 

My salutations to God Saturn,
Who is the colour of blue- black,
Who is the son of Sun God,
Who is the elder brother of Yama,
And who is the offspring of Sun God and his wife Chaya

Chant  Sanischara gayatri

Om kaakadhwajaaya vidmahae
khadga hastaaya dheemahi
tanno mandah: prachodayaat

Om, Let me meditate on him who has crow in his flag,
Oh, He who has a sword in his hand, give me higher intellect,
And let Saneeswara illuminate my mind.

Hanuman/ Sastha/Lord Venkateswara   are the Gods  of Saturday – Pray any one  of them  addressed to any God  and  chant their Gayatri and Mangalam (Choice left to you)
Hanuman
Pray
Anjana  Garbha sambootham,  Agni mithrasya  puthradham,
Namami Rama dhootham   tham  sarva  karyartha  sidhaye.

1He who was born from the  womb of Anjana , He who was the  son of friend  of fire.
I Salute   the Emissary of Rama  , for fulfillment of all jobs   and wealth.

Hanuman   Gayathri Mantra

Om Anjaneyaya   Vidhmahe
Vayu puthraya  Dheemahe
Thanno Hanumath   Prachodayath .

Om, Let me meditate on the son of Anjana,
Oh, God who is the son of wind God within him  give me higher intellect,
And let God Hanuman   illuminate my mind

Vaisaka* mase krishnayam
Dasami manda vasare,
Poorva bhadrasu Jathaya
Mangalam Sri Hanumathe. 1
* April-may month
Mangalam to Sri Hanuman,
Who was born in the month of Visaka,
On the tenth day of the waxing moon,
On a Saturday under the Poorva bhadra star.
Or Pray Dharma Sastha
1.Omkara  moorthi marthignam,
Devam  Hariharathmajam,
Sabari Peeda  NIlayam,
Sastharam  pranathosmyaham.


1, I salute  that   Sastha  ,
Who is the form of “Om”  , who destroys avarice  ,
Who is the  God who is son of Lord Vishnu   and Shiva,
And who sits  on the Sabari  Peeda.

Lord Ayyappa  Gayathri manthra
Om Bhootha nadhaya  Vidmahe,
Maha sathaya  Dheemahi,
Thanno Iyappa  prachodayath

Oh Let me meditate  on the Lord  Of Bhoothas,
Oh great Sastha   give me higher  intellect,
And let that  Ayyappa illuminate my mind.

Kalamrudusmitham Sundarananam
Kalabhakomalam Gathramohanam
Kalabhakesari Vajivahanam
Hariharathmajam Devamashraye
Saranam Ayyappa Swamy Saranam Ayyappa
Saranam Ayyappa Swamy Saranam Ayyappa

He who blesses with enchanting smile,
He who has is very pretty,
He who is adorned by sandal paste,
He who has a pretty mien,
He who is a like a lion to the elephants,
He who rides on a tiger,
Son of Hari and Hara,
I take refuge in thee God.
My refuge is in you Ayyappa,
My refuge is in you Ayyappa.


Or pray  Lord Venkitachalapathy
Sri Sesha saila suniketana divyamoorthe,
Narayanachyutha hare nalinayataksha,
Leelakataksha parirakshitha sarvaloka,
Sri Venkatesa mama dehi Karavalambam. 1

Please give me the protection of your hands, Lord Venkatesa,
Whose divine form has its abode in the Sesha Mountain,
Who is Narayana, Achyutha and Hari and has lotus like eyes,
And who protects all the worlds with a playful sidelong glance.
Venkateswara Gayathri Mantra

Nirnajanaya Vidmahe
Nirapasaya Dheemahe
Thanno Srinivasa Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on the god who is eternal truth,
Oh, God who does not have attachments, give me higher intellect,
And let God Srinivasa illuminate my mind.

Sriya kanthaya devaya,
Kalyana nidhaye arthinaam,
Sri Venkata nivasaya,
Srinivasaya mangalam., 1

Mangalam to that abode of Lakshmi,
Who lives in Sri Venkata,
Who is the consort of Lakshmi
And who is the treasure to those who ask. 


No comments: