Thursday, July 30, 2020

Avathara Purushan (Man who was an incarnation)- Story of Rama


Avathara  Purushan (Man who was  an incarnation)

Story of Rama 

By
Poet  Vali

Translation  attempt
By
P.R.Ramachander

Routemybook - Buy Avathara purushan [அவதார புருஷன்] by ...

(It seems Vali  met a great man. He asked him , “Why Vali?.He replied,  .I have heard  when Vali  of Ramayana   goes to  fight with some. Half  his strength will come to him. I chose  this name thinking that  if I meet any wise man, half his   wisdom, will come to me)

Ramayana  as a tamil   prose  poem  was written by  a great  Tamil poet  called Vali.He was born as  T.S,Rangarajan  (29th October  1931 -18th July  2013)  ,Most of his works were  short poems   and great  film songs..
He decided   to write  a Ramayana book based  on  Kamba Ramayanam.

He writes    about the book

  I am a typewriter, the eight letter  Manthra , has   typed in this tamil machine and produced   this work.
He is the author and I am the instrument.He has been using me   as his slave    for doing this job.

About God 
Oh God you are   the root  of everything,  the primeval root  and so my    first  offering is only to you,
Veda  has told that  for all works   you are  the beginning and   everything happens   due to your blessing,
After  getting bored  of worshipping  film personalities, I have come to worship   a human incarnation.

About  Vali himself

  I am a   snail   who thinks, moving four inches  as going round a town in procession
I am one who after   going round a coconut garden, who boasts that  I have seen Danda karanya
I am one who stands in a shore of ocean and  says  that is the depth of the ocean
I am one  who circles my simple house and boasts , I have gone round the sky
I am one   who after feeling tail  of Valmiki and feet of Kamban and  boasts  that  I am acme  of spiritual literature

Letter  to  Kamban

Oh Kamba, the great  intellect
To the parijatha flower a salute   from a paper flower,
What you have sung as an epic  has been sung by me in modern poetic style
I have got down in water, without knowing swimming .I will  shout for help  .Please save me
Please enter  inside  me and write

My humble submission (me-Raja Thatha)

About this book  a great writer called  Avvai Natarajanwrites
Avathara  purushan has   to be read thrice
First time    for the story
Second time for the way it is written
And third time to understand   the majesty of the book

Poor  me by  the grace  of God   could only  bring out the story   and for  other aspects  , you have read   the original book in Tamil   again and again.Vali has not classified   the book   as  Kandas  like  original Ramayana,  I have tried   to classify what he has written in to six kandas  , so  that an impatient reader  like me,
Can read one part   and claim he has read  Vali’s Avathara  Purushan








                                                May   God Rama   bless you all


No comments: