Monday, January 2, 2023

Vadakkunadha Stotram

Vadakkunadha  Stotram

 

Translated by

P.R.Ramachander

 


1,Nadichu  kinkarnmaar  vannu  athikramichu  avarenne

Pidichaasu  kayarittu   valikkunneram

Pura thrayam kanak kannil  yerichavan thadukkenam

Kazhalkku kai vanangunnen, vadakku nadha

 

When the acting servants come and attack me

And when they catch me and pull  me using a rope

The lord who burnt three  cities with fire  in his eyes  should prevent it

I am bowing down and saluting  with folded hands , Oh Vadakkunadha

 

2,Madikkolle  Jagannadha, ninaikkolle  paribhava

Ilappam   yenikkethum karuthillilaaikil

Thiru padham  vanangi jnan irikke vannavar cheyyum

Athikramam  thadukkenam  , Vadakkunadha

 

Don’t hesitate , oh god of universe, do not think  pity on me

If you do not have any  low thoughts   about me

When I am saluting your feet, you shuld prevent

, The excess things   that  they do  , Oh Vadakkunaadha

 

Sirassil   ambili thellum  thiru nethri  kanal  kannum

Pulitholum . malar  thumba  karathil maanum

Kanatha paambu , adi muthal  mudiyolam    dharippavan

Kazhalkku kai  vanangunnen   Vadakku nadha

 

With crescent of moon on head, with flame  like eyes on your forehead

With tiger  hide, with deer in hands like  white flowers

With heavy snake from feet to head

I salute your feet with clasped hands , oh Vadakkunadha

 

Vadakku nadhane  kandu  marikkenam yenikku  yippol

Odukkam   nin thiru namam japikka vebnam

Jagathokke  niranjulla para brahma  swaroopathe

Smarikkenam marikkumbol  Vadakkunadha

 

I have to die  seeing Vadakkundhan now

At the end I have  to chant  your divine names

I have  to remember  the divine  Brahma form,

Which has filled all over universe, Oh Vadakkunadha

 

Yaman thande purathilekku ayakkelle yini yenne

Shivan thande purathingal irikka  venam

Gunamporaa namukkennu  varukilum , Bhaval padhe

Samasthavum  vanangunnen  vadakkunadha

 

Now   you do not send me to the city of Yama

I want to say in the city  of lord Shiva

Though it is not up to the mark for me, I am putting

All that I have,  at your feet oh Vadakkunadha

No comments: