Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Bhaghyam venam a prayer in Malayalam


Bhaghyam venam a prayer in Malayalam
(I should have luck)

Translated   by
P.R.Ramachander




(AS a great devotee  of Lord Guruvayurappan, by eyes  became wet   while translating   this great work.I wanted to sing

Guruvayurappa , yende  Guruuvayurappa ,
Yi   maha Kruthi   tharjama  Cheyyuvaan yenikku  Bhagyam Venam

Oh lord of Guruvayur  , Oh my lord  of guruvayur,
To be able to   translate  this great work, I should have luck)


1.Krishnaa  hare  jaya  , Krishnaa  Hare  Jaya
Krishnaa  hare  jaya  , Krishnaa  Hare  Jaya

Hail Oh Krishna , Oh Hari , Hail, oh Krishna  , oh Hari
Hail Oh Krishna , Oh Hari , Hail, oh Krishna  , oh Hari

2.Oru dhinam oru beram Guruvayurappa   nin,
THiru nadayil   yethuvaan  Bhaaghyam   venam

One day at  one time  ,Hey Lord of Guruvayur,
To reach  your temple  , I should have luck.

3.Akathaaril thiru mukham kandu kandu   aviraamam,
THiru namam chollanum bhagyam  venam

Seeing and seeing  your divine face in there ,
To chant  your divine name, I should have luck.

4.Moorthi thrayam  vanangeedunnoro punya-,
THeerthathil  needan  bhagyam venam

In all the sacred waters   being saluted  by  ,
The trinity, to bathe  , I should have luck.

5.Nidhra  vittu ambadi kannan  chirikkumbol.
Nirmalyam kanaanum Bhagyam venam

When  the cowherd   darling boy, wakes  up from sleep,
To see him without ornaments, I should have luck.

6.Nei thiri naalathil prabhayal athiruvaka-
Charthu  kandeeduvaanum bhagyam  venam

To see  the divine  God  coated   with Vaga(oil removing powder)
In the light  of the  ghee lamo , I should have luck.

7.Abhishekam kazhiyum mumbaarthiyode venna,
Nukarunnathu  kaanaanum bhagyam  venam

Before the anointing  is  over, to see  you eating,
With great desire , also I should have luck.

8.Thiruvudayaadaymai , pulari kathirugal,
Varavathu  kaananum bhagyam   venam

When you are with divine dress  and  the rays ,
Of dawn are coming, to see  you, I should have  luck.

9.Thalikayil kalabhavumai  , udayaragam  mandham,
Varuvathu kaananum bhagyam venam.

With   sandal paste  in the plate   to see  the surise ,
Coming  slowly  , I should have luck.

10.Neerum n manassode  poonthanam  paadiya ,
EEradikal  kelkkanum  bhagyam venam

To hear the two line stanzas   written by Poonathanam,
With a burning  mind, I should   have luck

11.Melpathooril niinumoorunna   dasakangal,
Orppanum paadaanum  bhagyam venam

To memorise and sing  those ten line chapters,
Which sprung  from Melpathoor  , I should have luck

12.Nithyavym athiru  nama  japa  mahaa-,
Yajnathil cheraanum bhagyam venam

Daily   to join  the great  Yajna  of chanting  ,
Those  divine names , I should   have luck.

13.Bhakthanmaarkku  yethra  kandaalum  mathi varaa ,
Krishnaattam kaananum   bhagyam venam

To see  Krishnattam  seeing which a   devotee  ,
Is never satiated, I should have  luck

14.Krishnaa  hare  jaya  , Krishnaa  Hare  Jaya
Krishnaa  hare  jaya  , Krishnaa  Hare  Jaya

Hail Oh Krishna , Oh Hari , Hail, oh Krishna  , oh Hari
Hail Oh Krishna , Oh Hari , Hail, oh Krishna  , oh Hari


No comments: