Thursday, September 17, 2020

Begging for state of Saumangalya to the Goddess (tamil prayer)

 




Begging for  state  of  Saumangalya   to the Goddess  (tamil prayer)

 

Translated by

P.R.Ramachander

 

(A married lady with husband  living  is called Sumangali ie. An auspicious lady  .Every married lady  wants  this state  of Saumangalya.Here  is a great prayer to goddess  to grant you saumangalya.You have to light a lamp and chant this on tuedays and Fridays  , before any god/Goddess)

 

1.Chathurmukhan deviyare, Saraswathi thaaye

Santhathamum yennudaya  naavil yiramma

Paripoorna panchaakshariye, Parvathi  thaaye

Sthiramaana  mangalya  pichai podamma

 

Oh wife of   four  faced God, Oh mother Sasraswathi,

Be always   on my   toungue

Oh Goddess  of complete five letters, Oh mother Parvathi

Please give me alms   of forever   Mangalya(non widow hood)

 

2.Kothalangal chevvilaneer kongai ullale

Koyil  vaazhum  kailaya nadhan nayagi

Mathalangal  mozhiyaale vaa vendru   azhaikka

Yen madiyile Mangalya  pichai  podamma

 

She who is having protruding busts  like  red coconut

The consort of  Lord of Kailasa   who lives  in the temple

When the drums using their language call you “come”

Please put arms of  Mangalya  on my lap

 

3.Anjadai  mel veethirukkum   alangaara  thaaye

Iynthu   thalai naagam thanai  aalum  naayaki

Maathave , Thaayare, Parvavathi  Thaaye

Mangalya  pichayai Maathaave   arulidamma

 

Oh mother  with decorations who sits  on the stage,

Oh Lady , who rules  over the five headed  snake

Oh mother, Oh mother  , Oh mother  Parvathi

Please bless me   with alms  of Mangalya

 

4.Malai  Vazhum  eesan Mahadevan  Naayagiye

Nilayillaa   ulagile neeye   yen aaadharam

Jagam  thannaye magavaaga  eendritta  annaye

Jgan maathaave  maangalya  pichai  podamma

 

Oh wife of Mahadeva    who lives  on the mountain,

IN this world without  stability , you are our only  support

Om mother who gave  birth to  universe  itself

Oh mother  of universe, Please  give me alms  of Mangalya

 

5.Ponnana  nayagiye, Parvathi  thaaye,

Nan naamangalin mel  nee valarnthaaye,

Kannara  kakshi thanthu , aakshi  cheivaaye

Yennai kaval kollum manavaalar  kai  piriyaamal

 

Oh   golden leader, Oh  mother  Parvathi

You grew up  with support  of good names

Please  grant me  your full vision and rule over me

So the  husband  who guards  me, will never leave me

 

Agnikku  munnale valakkai  pidithu

Anbaana  kanavarukku pinnooraamale

NIthamum ponnum  porulum  chelvavum vendum

Jagadheeswariye, Maangalya  pichai  podamma

 

Without  stopping following  my  husband,

Who  held my   right hand  in front of the fire,

I need  daily gold, wealth and assets

Oh Goddess of universe  , Please put alms of Mangalya

 

Yezhaikku  irangammaa, yenthan thaaye,

Yenthan melukku  vaa vendum  Parvathi  thaaye

Vantha  vinai pokki , nal  vaazhvayum  thanthu , mathumulla

Sathrukkal  vanthu andaamale, puthiraalum  baakkiyathayum

THanthu arulammaa, yendrum piriyaamal pichai  podamma

 

Please take pity on the poor, Oh my  mother,

I should progress and go up, oh mother Parvathy

After removing  the fate which comes, after giving good life,

Preventing other enemies  coming near me, Give me luck of  sons

And bless me  mother, Please grant me alms  , so that we  never part

 

Manam isaintha  manaalarayum  thanthu  arulamma

Yendrum piriyaamal  Mangalya  pichai podumamma

 

Please bless  me with  a husband who agrees with me

And put me alms of Mangalya  , so that we never part

 

Vaazhvum undaam, Valamum undaam, Manjalum undaam

Maathaave Unnudaya  bhakthiyum   undaam

Yenthanudaya  kuraikalai, nee  theerthu  arulamma

Jagadheeswariye mangalya pichai  podamma

 

Life wil be there, wealth will be  there . turmeric will be there

Oh mother , devotion to you  will also be there

After removing  my problems, bless me

Oh  goddess of universe , Please  put alms  of Mangalya

 

Bhuvaneswariye , Mangalya pichai  podamma

Parameeswariye  , Mangalya  pichai podamma

Chandra  mouleeswariye  , Mangalya pichai podamma

Raja rajeswariye  , Mangalya  pichai  podamma

 

Oh  goddess of earth, please put alms  of Mangalya

Oh  consort  of parameswara , put alms of  Mangalya

Oh Goddess having moon as crown, please put alms  of Mangalya

Oh Goddess  of king of kings , put alms   of Mangalya

No comments: