Monday, July 25, 2022

Vilwadri Nadha Keeerthnam

Vilwadri Nadha  Keeerthnam

 

Translated by

P.R.Ramachander

 

(One of the greatest Rama temple of Kerala is Thiruvilwamala. The God is consecrated below  a Vilwa tree  and is called  Sri Vilwadrinathan..When my friend Smt Geetha Narayanan send this stotra , initially  I thought it was referring to lord Shiva (lord of Vilwa) but when I started understanding it, I could see it was a prayer addressed to Lord Rama. You can read about this great temple in http://rajathathaskeralatemples.blogspot.com/2011/11/thiruvilwamala-ramabhadra-swamy-temple.html  )

 

1.Vilwa nadha pahi maam, Vilwa nadha  Pahi maam

Vilwa sailakadhi nadha, vilwa nadha pahi maam

Vibudha  vrinda  vandhitha, vibudha nadha  poojitha

Vimatha loka  bheethidha, Vilwa nadha pahi maam

 

Oh vilwadri  nadha(Rama)  , please protect me , Oh Vilwadrinadha   protect me

Oh Vilwadrinadha, Oh Vilwadri nadha protect me

He who is saluted by  crowd of wise people, OH lord worshipped  by the leader of wise people

He who makes those who disagree  with him scared, Oh Vilwadri nadha   protect me

 

2.Ghora papa mochaka, parasurama rakshaka

Dharani bhaara nasaka, vilwa nadha pahi maam

Ambu vaha sundara, kumbhanasadam vahan

Shambhu puthra sevitha, vilwanadha pahi maam

 

He who frees us from terrible sins, He who saved  Parasurama

He who destroyed burden of earth, Oh Vilwadri Nadha  protect me

The pretty one who crossed the river , He who carried descrtuctive weapons   given by agasthya

He whois served by Hnuman, son of Shiva  , Oh  Vilwadri Nadha  protect me

 

3.Aamalakabhishtadha , Rama rooopa raghava

Shyama varna   sarmadha, Vilwanadha  pahi maam

Varijaksha, Kamadha. Varidhabha mohana,

Vayu puthra  sevitha, Vilwanadha  pahi maam

 

He who was liked by sage amalaka, The raghava who has  form of Rama

He who had a black colouresd skin, Oh Lord Vilwadrinadha  protect me,
Oh Lord who has lotus  like eyes, He who is likeable, he who has colour of c loud, he  who is pretty

He who was served bt Hanuman the son of Wind god, Oh Vilwadrinadha  protect  me

 

4.Charu roopa chinmaya, Vilwanadha Pahi maam

Bhoori kripaa saagara, Vilwanadha  pahi maam

Bhaktha jana  Rakshaka, thaptha  jana  Thushtidha

Vitha   madha  bhanjaka, vilwanadha  pahi maam

 

The one pervaded with divinity who has pretty form, Oh Vilwadri nadha  protect me

Oh lord who is ocean full of mercy , Oh Vilwadri Nadha  protect me

He who saves  devotees, He who makes worried person happy

He who destroys pride due to wealth, Oh Vilwadri Nadha  protect me

 

5.Vipula sakthi dhayaka, visadha  budhi dhayaka

Viswa  santhi dhayaka, Vilwanadha  pahi maam

Akhila  loka nayaka, hara virincha vandhitha

Athula   santhi dhayaka, Vilwa nadha  pahi maam

 

Hey lord who grants broad power, Lord who grants deep  wisdom

Lord who grants peace to the world, Oh Vilwadri nadha  protect me

Oh Lord of the entire world, Lord saluted by  Shiva and Vishnu

Lord who grants incomparable peace  , Oh Vilwadri nadha protect me

No comments: