Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Narayana Kavacham

Narayana  Kavacham

 

Translated by

P.R.Ramachander

 

(This is taken from “Brihadh Naradheeya Mahapuranam, uthara kanda  , chapter 56..This chapter explains procedure of prayer and worship  of Gods in Puri Jagannath.  You can read it in Sanskrit in https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xa0f2zFAjNJS8sF23Af3Nl7rQHZ4vBZw/view    and in tamil   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DPuzp2G797Onbg15NT-8RQ4ppb-rjnzt/view )

 


 

1.Poorvam maamm pathuGovindo, dakshine  Madhu sudana
Paschime sridharo  deva , kesavasthu thothare

 

Let Govina protect my east. Let Madhu sudana  protect my south

Let Sridhara   the god protect my west and Kesava  my noth

 

2,Pathu vishnum  thadhaa   aagneye, nairyathye   madhavio avyaya

Vayavye thu hrishikesa, thadha   eesaane   thu vamana

 

Let Lord Vishnu protect the south east, Let Lord Madhava protect my South west

Let Hrishikesa   protect my north west and Vamana  protect my  North   east

 

3.BHoothale  paathu   vaaraham thadho oordhe   cha trivikram

 

Let surface of earth be protected by Varaha  and Upward   be protected by  Trikrama

No comments: