Thursday, April 13, 2023

Parakkattu devi (Malayalam prayer)

Parakkattu  devi

(Goddess  Bhagawathy of  Parakkattu kavu) 

 

By

Praseedha  M.N.Devu

 

Translated  by

P.R.Ramachander

 




(I had  earlier written about this goddess http://rajathathaskeralatemples.blogspot.com/2010/02/parakkattu-kavu.html  .

I am so happy  to post an enchanting prayer to this mother  Goddess)

 

Kavaseri kaattunullil

Palli kolum Bhagwathi

Parakattu  Kavilamme

Kai  Thozhunne

 

Oh BHagawathi   who  lies down,

Inside  the kavaseri forest

Oh mother of Parakkattu  Kavu

I  salute  you with  clasped hands

 

Aksharangalkku

Ammayai

Bhoovilaake

DEviyai

Santha   roopa

BHavamai

Vaazhum  yen amme

 

AS mother  who lives

As goddess for  letters

As goddess  of  the entire world

In a form full  of peace

 

Nee vaazhum

Kovil yende

SWargamaanu,

Deviyamme  ,

Ninde  Namam

Nal keerthanam

Thampuraatti  Amme

 

The temple  where  you live

Is my heaven,

Oh Mother  Goddess

Your name 

Is a  good song

Oh Queen  mother

 

NInde  Baktha vathsala(n) aavaan

Nin arike  vannu nilkkan

Yennum yennum

Ullin ullil  ,

Moham aanu amme

To become    your devotee,

To come  and stand near you

Every day  , deep in my mind

Oh mother  is the passion

 

Ninde  Janma  gosha naalil

Nenjil aake

Thoththam amme

Ninde   nadayil

Kumbidumbol

Modhamanu  amme

 

On the day of your  great birth

My  heart  is full,

Of your  form mother

When I salute   before your door

My  heart is filled  with pure joy

 

Deviyamme,

Lakshmiyamme

Dhoormeyamme

Badhrayamme

Ponnum Parakkatti yamme

Kai vanungunnen

 

Oh Mother Goddess

Oh  Mother Lakshmi

Oh mother Durga

Oh mother  Badhra(safety)

Oh golden mother of Parakkat

I  Salute  with clasped  hands

No comments: