Thursday, April 6, 2023

Saraswathi dhyanam

Saraswathi dhyanam

 

Translated by

P.R.Ramachander

 


( I was not aware of this stotra and it was brought to my notice by one Ms Lakshmi  Balasubramanian. Thanks to her. I could later locate it  in Dhinamalar)

 

1. ஸரஸ்வதி நமஸ்துப்யம் வரதே காமரூபிணி

வித்யாரம்பம் கரிஷ்யாமி ஸித்திர் பவதுமே ஸதா

 

Saraswati namastubyam Varadhe kamaroopini |

Vidhya rambam karishyaami Siddhir bavathu mesadha ||

 

I salute   Goddess Saraswathi, Who grants boons   , takes  any form she desires,

And I start  my education May  I always attain success

 

 

2. ஸரஸ்வதீம் சுக்லவாஸாம் ஸீதாம்சு ஸமவிக்ரஹாம்

ஸ்படிகாக்ஷஸ்ரஜம் பத்மம் புஸ்தகம் சுகம் கரை

 

Saraswathim Shukla  vaasam  seethamsu sama vigrahaam

Spatikaksha srajam  padmam  pusthakam  cha sukham karai

 

Sarswathi  who is dressed  in white, who has form similar to moon

 

Who has crystal like eye lotus garland and holds book  and parrot in her hands

 

 

3. சதுர்பிர்த்தததீம் தேவீம் சந்த்ரபிம்ப ஸமானனாம்

வல்லபாம் அகிலார்த்தானாம் வல்லகீ வாதனப்ரியாம்

 

Chathurbhir artha dadathim  devim  Chandra  bimba  samaananaam

Vallabhaam   akhilarthaanaam  vallaki vadhana  priyam

 

She who grants four types  of wealth, who s like  the  form of moon

She who is an expert in all type  of meanings  and one who  loves to play  the veena

 

4. பாரதீம் பாவயே தேவீம் பாஷாணாம் அதிதேவதாம்

பாவிதாம் ஹ்ருதயே ஸத்பி பாமினீம் பரமேஷ்புன

 

Bharathim  bhavaye  devim , bhashaanaam adhi devathaam

Bhavithaam hridhaye sathbhi  bhamineem  parameshpuna

 

I think of you  as Bharathi, the goddess  who controls all languages

I imagine  in my mind, the true lady  who is again the great god

 

5. சதுர்புஜம் சந்த்ரவர்ணாம் சதுரானன வல்லபாம்

நமாமி தேவி வாணீ த்வாம் ஆச்ரிதார்த்த பர்தாயினீம்

 

Chathurbhujaam   Chandra  varnaam  chathuranana  vallabhaam

Namami devi vaani thwaam  aasrithartha  pradhaayineem

 

She who hs four hands, has  colour of moon, wife of the four headed  god

I salute  you goddess  Saraswathi who grants all wealth that one who surrenders to you asks for

 

6. பாஹி பாஹி ஜகத்வந்த்யே நமஸ்தே பக்தவத்ஸலே

நமஸ்துப்யம் நமஸ்துப்யம் நமஸ்துப்யம் நமோ நம

 

Pahi, pahi jagath  vandhye  , Namasthe  baktha  vathsale

Namasthubhyam Namasthubhyam Namasthunhyam  namo nama

 

Protect  , protect of oh goddess  saluted by the world, Salutations  to one  who is loved by her  devotees

I salute you, I salute  , I salute you  , I salute you, salutations  and salutations

 

7. பாசாங்குச தரா வாணீ வீணாபுஸ்தக தாரிணீ

மம வக்த்ரே வஸேந்தித்யம் ஸந்துஷ்டா ஸர்வதா சிவா

 

Paasangusa  dharaa Vaanee  , veenaa  pusthaka dharinee

Mama  vakthre vasenthithyam santhushtaa  sarvadhaa  Shivaa

 

Oh Vani who holds  rope and goad  , Who carries  Veena  and Book

Please live   in my  neck and always   satisfy   Goddess Parvathi

 

8. சதுர்தசஸூ வித்யாஸூ நமதே யா ஸரஸ்வதீ

ஸாதேவி க்ருபயாயுக்தா ஜிஹ்வாஸித்திம் கரோதுமே

 

Chathurdasashu  vidhyaasoo namathe  yaa  saraswathi

Saa devi   krupayaa   yukthaa, jihwaa  sidhim  karothu may

 

I salute  the forty  types of knowledge , I salute  goddess  Saraswathi

Oh Goddess  by your mercy  make  my tougue  powerful and capable 

 

9. பாஹிமாம் பாவனே தேவி ரக்ஷ ராக்ஷஸநாசினி

அவ மாம் அம்புஜாவாஸே த்ராஹிமாம் துஹினப்ரபே

 

Pahi mam  bhavane  devi   raksha   Rakshasa  nasini

Aava  maam  ambhujaa vaasr   thraahi maam   thuhina   prabhe

 

Protect my  meditation of you  , oh goddess  , Prottect oh destroyer  of asuras,

Protect my understanding   oh goddess  who lives  in lotus , and  look after  me oh goddess  who loves mon light

 

10. தேஹி தேவி கலாதாஷ்யம் வாணி வாக்படுதாம் திச

ஸரஸ்வதி ஸூதான் ரக்ஷ கலே பாலயமே குலம்

 

Dehi devi kaladh akshyayam  vaani  vaakpaduthaam   dhisa

Sarasvathi suthaan rakshe , kale  palaya  kulam

 

Oh Goddess , oh godess   grant  me endless arts and  ability to   talk

Oh Goddess saraswathi protect the arts   of my son , protect my clan

No comments: