Friday, February 18, 2022

Chandra Kavacham

Chandra  Kavacham

Armour of Chandra

 

Translated by

P.R.Ramachander

 


Om Asya sri Chandra  Kavacha stotra maha manthrasya

Om For  the great manthra  called Armour of mmoon

 

Gauthama Rishi  , Anushtup Chanda, Somo devatha , Ram Bheejam , sam sakthi , Om Keelakam Mama Soma graham  prasada sidhyarthe jape  viniyoga

 

The sage is Gauthama, the meter is Anusthup , God addressed is moon  , Ram is the seed , Sam is power , Om is the nai

, For my making Chandra pleased  , I start this chant

Nyasa

Vam Angushtabhyaam nama, veem tharjaneebhyaam namaVoom madhyamabhyaam nama, Vaim Anamikabhyaam nama, Voum kanishtikabhyam namaVa  Karathala kara  prushtabhyaam nama

 

Vam  salutations with thumb, Veem salutations with pointer finger, voom salutations with middle finger , Vaim salutations with ring finger, Va salutations with palm

 

Vam hrudayaya  nama , veem sirase swaha, voom  shikhayai vashat, vaim kavachaya hoomVoum nethra thrayaya Voushat, Va asthraya phat,

Boorbuvaswarom ithi  Dik banda

 

Vam salutations touch chest Veem salutations touch head  , Voom touch hair , Veem touch eyes,Va think of arrow

Saying Bhoorbavaswarom   I tie  the  directions

 

Somam dwibujam  padmam cha mukthabharana bhooshanam

Swetha aswa radham aaroodam, merum  yaantham pradakshinam

 

The moon with two hands , decorated with lotus  and white pearls

He rides on a chariot drawn by white horse and goes  round the Meru  mountain

 

Shubram, chathurbujam devam Keyura  makutojjwalam

Vasudevasya  nayanam, sankarasya    cha bhooshanam

 

He is the god who clean has four hands and shines with crown on his head

He Has eyes of Lord Krishna  and he is the ornament  to Lord shiva

 

Evam dhyathwaa  jape nithyam chandrasya  kavacham mudhaa

Sasi pathu siro desam phalam pthu  kala nidhi

 

After  chanting this , chant with joy   the armour  of Chandra

Let  Sasi protect my head , and the treasure of arts protect my forehead

 

Chakshushi Chandrama pathu, sruthim pathu  kalathmak

Pranam  pakshakara  pathu, mukham kumudha  bandhawaa

Soma karou  thu may pathu skandhou pathu  Sudhathmaka

 

 

Let moon light protect my eyes, Let soul of arts protect  my voice

Let my soul be protected one with growth periods, let my face be protected by relation of lotus

Let Soma protect my hands and let my shoulders be protected by soul of whiteness

 

Romo athri jani pathu, madhyam pathu  nisakara

Kati m sudhakara  pathuPathoroo sasa lanchana

 

May my hair be protected by Athri’s son, middle protected by one who makes darkness

My middle be protected by one  who makes nectarand my feet and knee  by one who identifies rabbit

 

Mrugango januni  pathu, janghe  pathway amruthabjitha

Padhou  himakara pathu , pathu chandro akhilam vapu

 

Let my calf  be protected by one with deer as part  and thigh by one who rose along with nectar

Let my feet be protected by  one who makes ice and the entire me   by Chandra

 

Yethadhi kavacham punyam bukthi  mukthi pradhayakam

Ya padeth srunyathvapi sarvathra  vijayi   bhaveth

 

This armour is holy and would grant devotion and salvation

By reading or hearing it, you will get success every where

No comments: