Friday, June 5, 2020

Kari mukhil varnande


Kari mukhil varnande
To the God who has colour of black cloud

Translated by
P.R.Ramachander

Karimukhil varnande  thiruvudal  yennude,
Arukil  vanneppozhum   kaanaakenam

Always  I should see    near me  the body,
Of the God who has  colour of black cloud

Kaalil chiambum kilukki  nadakkunna
Bala gopalane   kaanakenam

I should be able to see the child Gopala,
Who walks making his anklets sound

Kinkiniyum vala mothiravum chaarthi,
Bangiyodu yen mumbil kaanaakenam
Keerthiyeridum Guruvayur mevonnor
Aarthi haran  thnne  kaanaakenam

Wearing anklets  , bangles and ring,
I should be able to see you before me,
I should be able to destroyer  of suffering,
Who is in the  famous  Guruvayur

Koothaadidum pasu  kuttikalumai,
Othu kalipathum  kaanakenam
Kettiyittidum  uralum valichangu
Muttu kuthunnathum kanakenam

I want  to see   you  playing ,
Together  with jumping  calves,
I want to see you crawl , along,
With the mortar  tied to you.

Kekikale  polale  nruthamaddeedunna
Bala gopaalane  kaanaakenam
Kaikalil  chandrane  melle varuthiya
Lokakinadhane  kaanakenam

I would like to see  the child Krishna,
Who  is dancing like a peacock,
I would like   to se the lord of all worlds,
Who made moon slowly come to  his hands

Konji kondu ororo vaakaaruleedunna
Chancha;ane  kanakenam
Kolum kuzhalum  yeduthu  vanathil poi,
Kaali meykunnathum  kaanaakenam

I would like to see   the ever changing baby,
Who goes on telling words   with a lisp
I would like to see him   taking a  stick and flute,
Go to the forest and herd the cattle

Kouthukameriyorunni sri krishnande ,
Chethohara  roopam kaanakenam
Kamsa  sahodhari thannil pirannoru
Vasudevan thanne kaanaakenam

I would like to see   the pretty form,
Of the baby Krishna who is very curious
I should  like  to see Vasudeva,
Who is son of sister of Kamsa


No comments: