Saturday, April 11, 2020

Akshara mala Bhagawathi Sthuthi


Akshara  mala  Bhagawathi  Sthuthi
(Prayer  to Goddess with vowel  Garland)

Translated  by
P.R.Ramachander

(This was taught to me  my co brother late sri PVV  Raghavan,  to be chanted   at the end of my prayers   before singing Mangalam.The first Bhagawathy to whom we salute is our  Kula deivam  ,Puthucode  Bhagawathi)

1.Amme Bhagwathi  Narayani Gauri,
AAnnandhadhe  devi  Kai tHozhunnan

Oh mother  , Goddess  Narayani  , Gauri
The Goddess  who makes  me happy , I salute you

2.Aarye , bhagawathi   Devi Saraswathi,
Aadhi  Kathyayani  Kai thozhunnen

Oh Gentle   Goddess, The Goddess  Saraswathi,
The primeval Kathyayani, I salute you

3.Indraarikalaya  Shumba nishumbhare,
Illathaakkiyole  thozhunnen

I Salute you   who destroyed   Shumbha  and Nishumbha,
Who were   the  enemies  of Indra

4.EErezhu  lokavum, ningal  layikkunnu,
Easwari thrukalkkal  kai thozhunnen

Oh Goddess  you merge    with    all  ,
The fourteen worlds,  I salute your feet

5.Ullathil yeppozhum thonnanam   nin padham,
Uthame   devi kai thozhunnen

Your feet should   always be seen in my mind,
Oh  perfect  Goddess, I salute you

6.OOzhimelulloru   lokare  palippan,
OOkkerum  kalyani, kai thozhunnnen

For looking   after   this people  of this world,
Oh Great Kalyani  , I salute you

7.Yettasa  pottunoru   attahasatheyum
Yem parameswari   kai thozhunnen

With great  furore of  the eight   typee of desires bursting,
My  Consort  of Parameshwara  , I salute you

8.Yeri yezhunnellum, vetala   bhoothathil ,
Yenthi  udhikkumbol kai   thozhunnen

When you hold     and arise   in  the Vetalas,
Bhoothas which  climb and arise, I salute you

9.Aira swaroopathin veraai maruvunnoru,
AAscharya  moorthiye kai  thozhunnen

To the wonderful form which acts as  a root,
Of the form which provides  sustenance  , I salute

10.Ottum kurayathe  vairiye  kollunnoru,
Ongaara  palli vaal  kai thozhunnen

To the royal   sword  making sound Om
And which kills enemies not lesser than her , I salute

11.Othunna  vedathil  kathalai   mevunna.
Ongaara  moorthiye kai thozhunnen

The    form of Om    which pervades   as  ,
The strength  of the Vedas  we  chant, I salute

12.Ouchithyam  kondullaoru   aabharanangale,
Avvannam kaanuvaan  kai thozhunnen

To see  properly    the ornaments  worn by her  ,
Which are  worn in suitable  and proper way, I salute

13.Ambalam   thannil yezunnellum deviye,
Amme Pudukodi  , Kai thozunnen

To the goddess  who comes     to  the temple,
To mother  goddess of Puducode  , I salute

14.Ambalam   thannil yezunnellum deviye,
Amme Pazhayannur  Bhagwathy , Kai thozunnen

To the goddess  who comes     to  the temple,
To mother  goddess of Pazhayannur  , I salute

15.Ambalam   thannil yezunnellum deviye,
Amme Parakattiye  , Kai thozunnen

To the goddess  who comes     to  the temple,
To mother  goddess of Parakaat  , I salute

16.Ambalam   thannil yezunnellum deviye,
Amme kodungallore  BHagawathy   , Kai thozunnen

To the goddess  who comes     to  the temple,
To mother  goddess of KOdungallore   , I salute

17.Ambalam   thannil yezunnellum deviye,
Amme mookambike   , Kai thozunnen

To the goddess  who comes     to  the temple,
To mother  goddess of KOllur  , I salute

18.Ambalam   thannil yezunnellum deviye,
Amme Mandhannkunnil  amme  , Kai thozunnen

To the goddess  who comes     to  the temple,
To mother  goddess of Thiru mandhankunnu   , I salute

19.Ambalam   thannil yezunnellum deviye,
Amme Chothanikkara  bhagwathi  , Kai thozunnen

To the goddess  who comes     to  the temple,
To mother  goddess of Chothanikkara   , I salute

Amme Narayana, devi  Nrayana  , Amme  Narayana

No comments: