Sunday, April 26, 2020

Soma shekara nandana deva


Soma shekara  nandana  deva

Translated by
P.R.Ramachander

Soma shekara  Nandana devaa,
Pahi maam  Karunalaya  devaa
Khedham   ambodu  pokkeduvanai
Pada tharina Koopiduven Jnan

OH god who is son of  Lord Shiva with moon,
Protect me, oh God who is in  temple     of mercy,
For   completely   removing   all my   sorrow,
I salute your   pair   of feet

Velum soolavum  Karamathilenthi,
Neela  ma mayil  yeri   vasikkum,
Lola manasa sundara  roopaa,
Maalagatheedum   yen Murugesa

Holding   the trident   and the spear,
Living  climbing on a huge  blue peacock.,
OH pretty God  who has  an unstable mind,
My Lord Muruga   who removes  my problems

Yende swami nin  namam  paadi,
Yethra  naalaai   parthu jagathil
Perthum aarthikal yekidumennum,
Cherthu sal gunameguka   Muruga

Oh god singing your name,
How long have  I stayed on this earth,
Tell that   you will fulfill  all my great desires,
And along with that, give me good character  , Oh Muruga

Velli mamala thannil  vilangum,
Valli Nayaga, thiru mukha  kamalam,
Ullazhinjiha kandu thozhaaai,
Kalla nasanane   Varuvai

Living on the huge  silver  mountain,
Oh lord of Valli, for seeing   as well as,
Saluting your lotus  like face,
Please come destroyer  of thieves

No comments: