Monday, July 3, 2023

Thai pooya kavadiyaadaam(malayalam)-A prayer to Lord Muruka

 Thai pooya kavadiyaadaam(malayalam)-A prayer to Lord Muruka

 

Translated by

P.R.Ramachander

 


.Thai pooya* kavadiyaadaam*, thanga mayil peeli aadaam

Manassile  ambalathil  Nee poru

Jnana velayudhana  nee poru

 

WE can dance with Kavadi of Thai poosam, We can play with  golden peacock feather

Please  come inside the temple  in my mind

Oh Lord of wisdom with weapon of Vel, You  please come

*(Thai pooyam is a great  festival in Pazhani .People  take a wodden cfontraptioncalled Kavadi on their shoulders and dance)

 

1.Panchamrutham, kalabham, kumkumavum , then thinayum

Anjathe  orukki vechu Kaathiruppoo jnaan , Murukaa

AAdeedum  aan mayilum, undivade,

Yende aadal agatheeduvaan odi va va

Nee odi va va   (Thai pooya..)

 

Without fear  I have  arranged  the Panchamrutham  , Kalabham, kumkum  and honeyed  millet

And  I am waiting for you, oh Lord Murukaa

Here there is also a dancing male  peacock

To avoid  my dance, please  come running

 

Chithadhi nayakane, chinmayane, shanmukhane

Chandra  choodathmajane, chinthitha  pradhaayakane

Seshavatharame, sri Karthikeya  Mama

Doshangal neekkiyenne kaathidenam

Yen kaathidenaam (Thai pooya..)

 

Oh Great lord of our mind, Oh all pervaded  divine one, Oh Shanmukha

Oh Son of  Lord Shiva who wears moon, Oh lord who gives   what he think

Oh  incarnation of Seshaa, Oh my Karthikeya

Please remove all ills and protect me

Please  protect me  (Thai pooya..)

 

Kanninaal  kannu bhavaan  Valli mano  nayakane

Mannilum vinnilum  yekaavalambamaayavane

Tharaka  marakane, Mara roopaa , Guha,

THaraka  Brahmame, Nee  Kaathidenam

Yenne Kaathidenam (Thai pooya..)

 

You are  eye of my eye, Oh lord  of the mond of Valli

You are our only support  in earth and heaven

Oh killer of Tharaka, Oh lord who has  look of Manmatha, Oh Guhaa

Oh God  who makes me cross  samsara,You have to protect me

Please protect me  (Thai pooya..)

 

No comments: