Sunday, December 8, 2019

Guru Stotram


Guru Stotram


Translated by
P,R.Ramachander



9I saw this great prayer in a book published by Kama koti peetam.I also saw that  it is taught to the students of  Bala vihar conducted  by Chinmaya  Mission)

1.Akanda  Mandalakaram  Vyaptham yena Characharam,
Thath padham darsitham  yena thasmai guruve nama

I salute that Guru , by seeing   his    feet, I am seeing,
The world which is spread everywhere  and  all its beings

Ajnana thinirandhasya jnananjana salaakayaa,
Chaksheer  unmeelitham    yena thasmai Gurave nama

I salute that Guru who opened my eyes,
Which are closed by the cataract of ignorance,
And are not able to differentiate between,
Ignorance and knowledge, with his teachings.

Gurur Brahma, gurur Vishnu, gurur devo maheswara,
Guru sakshath param brahma thasmai Sri guruave nama.

Guru is Brahma, Vishnu and the great Maheswara,
Guru is the real Brahman and so I salute the Guru.

Sthavaram jangamam vyaptham yath kinchid characharam,
Thwam padam darshitham yena, thasmai sri gurave nama.

I salute that guru by seeing whose feet I am able to see
All moving and not moving things, which are spread all over the world

Chinmayam vyapthim sarva trilokyam sa characharam,
Thwat padam darshidham yena, thasmai sri guruve nama.

I salute that Guru, by seeing whose feet   , I am able to see
All divine things  spread over all three worls as well   as all m oving  and not moving beings

Sarva Sruti Shiroratna Viraajita Padambujaha
Vedaantaambuja Sooryo Yah Tasmai Sri Gurave Namaha.

I salute that Guru ,whose lotus like feet is pervaded,
At whose feet are fallen all holy books  and crown jewels,
And he  is the sun opening the lotus flower of Vedantha

Chaithanya  saswatha santham vyomatheetham niranjanam,
Nada bindu kalatheetham thasmai sri guruave nama.

I salute that Guru, who is activity, permanence, peace and beyond sky,
Who is unstained and beyond the knowledge of ultimate sound of Om
Jnana sakthi samaroodam  thathwa mala vibhooshitham ,
Bukthi  mukthi pradhaanena thasmai  gurave nama

I salute that Guru who grants happiness   as well as salvation,
Who is  pervaded with power of knowledge and who wears the garland  of philosophy

Aneka janma   sampraptha , karma bhandha  vidhahine,
Aathma jnana pradhanena, Thasmai   sri guruve nama

I salute that Guru who gives me  knowledge   about athma,
And burns away  the attachment to katma, which I Have  accumulated  in several births

Soshanam bhava   sindhoschakjnapanam saarasampatha,
Guro padodhakam sayak, thasmai sri gurave NAMA

I salute that Guru , by drinking   the  water washing whose feet,
Which dries away   the sea of accumulated karma,by making me understand the true weath

Na  guro adhikam thathwam, na gurodhikam thapa,
Thathwa jnath param nasthi, thasmai   sri gurave nama

I salute that guru, above whom   there is no knowledge of philosophy,
No principle  is above the Guru and no  penance  is greater than guru

Mannatha   sri jagan natha madguru sri jagad guru,
Mad athma   sarva  bhoothathma, thasmai   sri guruave nama

I salute the guru  because  my lord   is  the lord of unioverse,
My Guru  is the guru of the world    and  my soul is the soul of all beings

Gurur aadhi anadhischa, guru parama  daivatham,
Guror paratharam naasthi , thasmai  sri gurave nama

I salute   the Guru, , because above Guru  there is nothing else,
Guru is beginning and end and Guru is  the divine god

Brahmanandam, parama sukhadham, kevalam Jnana moorthim,
Dwandwatheetham gagana sadrusam thathva masyadhi lakshyam,
Yekam nithyam vimala machalam sarvadhee sakshi bhootham,
Bhavaatheetham tri guna rahitham sad gurum tham namami.

I salute my great Guru, who is immersed in divine bliss, who is divinely happy, Who is unalloyed wisdom, who is beyond anything that is two,
Who is like a sky, whose aim is I am that, who is one, who is forever,
Who is pure, who is immobile, who is witness for everything,
Who is beyond emotions and who is beyond the three fold qualities.



No comments: