Friday, February 1, 2019

Panniru Thiru namangal (twelve divine names)


Panniru  Thiru namangal (twelve divine names) 

Translated by
P.R.Ramachander




( I was slightly sick and my daughter Smt Raji Raman  sent me this great  stotra in Tamil.  I immediately got up   and completed  the translation, so that people who cannot read  also can enjoy it. Thankyou  Raji)

Kesava yendry azhaithen
Kashtangalai  nodiyil pookinaai
      Kesava –One who gave shining  bodies to  Vishnu, Shiva  and Brahma
I called you, “Oh kesava”
And within seconds  you removed my troubles

Narayana    endru  vilithen,
Nanmaikalaal  yen illathai  niraithaai

I summoned you  .” Oh Narayana”
You filled  my house with good
     Narayana-Je in whom all  souls reside
Madhava   yendru Koopitten,
Mandahasa  punnagayudan   thirukakshi alithai
   Madhava-He   who is lord of knowledge
I Summoned   you, “Oh Madhava”
With a slow flowering smile  , you appeared before me

Govinda yendru   aratrineen,
Konthu poal   yen ninaivil   otti kondai
          Govinda- He who looks after all beings
I fumbled , “Oh Govinda”
You pasted yourself in my thoughts like  fevicol

Vishnuve  yendu koovinen,
Vinnalaaviya vanna kolamai   nindraai
         Vishnu-He who is spread everywhere
I hollered  “Oh Vishnu”
You stood before me in a form  touching the sky

Madhu sudana   yendru kadharinen,
Manam yengum MaNam pol   birainthu vyapithai
   Madhu Sudana- Killer of Madhu
I  Shouted  “Oh Madhu Sudana”
Like a perfume  you spread all  over my mind

TRivikrama   yendru  vilithen,
THikkengilum nin peyar yethir olikka cheithai
         TRivikrama- He who measured all  worlds in three steps
I called  you “Oh Trivikrama”,
TYou made your name echo all  over all directions

Vamana   yendru  koovi azhaithen,
Vanja ulagil  yennai kathu  nindraai
                  Vamana-He whom devotees worship
I shouted  loudly  “Oh Vamana”,
You  stood protecting me in this world of deceit”

Sridhara  yendru  Koopitten,
Chikki  kondai yen mana  chirayil
   SRidhara-He who carries Sri(Lakshmi)
I called  you “Oh SRidhara”
You got imprisoned in the prison of my mind

Rishikesa   yendru  Parithavithen
Reengarikkum   vandu pola unnaye chutha vaithai
       Rishikesa- He who controls all  five senses
I got   worried  saying “Oh Hrishikesa”
Just like a humming bee , you made me go round and round you

Padmanabha  yendru vilithen,
Bandhangalil irundhu yennai meetu koduthai
     Padmanabha-He who has a lotus  on his belly
I called  you “Oh Padmanabha”
You  freed me from   all attachments

Damodhara  yendru Azhaithen,
Dharmathin  thalaivan neeya   yena  unara  chaithai
          Dhamodhara_He who is tied by a rope on his belly
I called  you, “Oh Damodhara”
You made me realize  that you are   the head of Dharma

Ippaaniru namangalai   dhinamum thuthithaal
Paranthaamaa ,Nee  mukthiyaye yenakku   alithiduvai
Oh God  who is  everywhere, if I pray  these  twelve  names daily ,
You would give me salvation






No comments: