Thursday, March 21, 2019

Anjaneya Dandakam in Telugu


Anjaneya  Dandakam in Telugu

A translation attempt

By
P.R.Ramachander



(Dandakam is a style of poem where  there is no limit to the length of a single line ,Hearing    the Anjaneya dandakam,  I was very much attracted by it. My knowledge  of Telugu   was not at all sufficient to translate  it,  Then fortunately I stumbled  on an English translation  posted  in India divine   web site  by one : Sri BVVHB Prasada Rao (The main English Translator of this  Dandakam) and  Raveendra Boggaram.I have based  my translation  based on theirs(my  humble salutations to them) .I have  ofcourse   used my style of writing  . In temples  of India web site , you can get the  prayer in Tamil and English.  Please hear  the  devotion drenched  rendition of it by  Sri Bala murali Krishna  in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgy6jHB_pBc&ab_channel=Sivoham )


Aanjaneyam, maha  veeram  , Brahma  Vishnu   sivaathmakam ,
Baalarka  sadrusa  bhavam  ,Ramadhootham  Namamyaham

I salute  the  son of  Aanjana, who  has great  valour,
Who has   the spirit of  Brahma , Vishnu   and Shiva,
Who resembles   the  son  of early   dawn,
And who  is the emissary    of  Lord Rama.

Sri anjaneyam  , prasanna  anjaneyam,
Prabha  divya kayam  , Pra keerthi  pradhayam  ,
Bhaje vayu puthram  , BHaje Vaala  Gathram
Bhajehum pavithram  , bhaje surya  mithram ,
Bhaje   Rudra roopam   , bhaje Brahma thejambatamchun

The  son  of Anjana , the  pleasant   Anjaneya,
Who has  shining   divine body  blesses us   with fame and prosperity ,
I  sing  about son of wind god , I sing about  him   who has a body with tail,
I sing  about him   who is divinely  pure  , I sing  about him  who is friend  of sun God,
I sing about  him who has form of Shiva, I sing about him who is  the luster  of Brahma

Prabhathambhu   saaynthra mee  nama  sankeerthanal,
Chesi   nee   roopu varinchi nee meedha naa  dandakambu  okkatti mjeya noohinchi,
Nee morrthinin  gaanchi  nee anthamu   nenchi,
Nee  dasa   dasudanai  , Rama  bhakthudanai , ninnu  ney  golchedhan , nee  katakshamambunen joochithe

Singing your name  from morning  to evening ,
Describing   your   divine  form , thinking  of composing ,
A dandakam  prayer on you , meditating on your  pretty enchanting form,
Becoming  the servant  of your servant , becoming  the devotee  of Rama ,
I am bringing you  in my mind , and seeing   your glance 

Vedukkan jeesithe , naa moralinchithe, nannu  rakshinchithe  ,
Anjana  devi  garbhanavaya  deva,
Ninnenchanenebtha vaadaan  daya shalivai choochithe,
Daathavai  brochithe, daggaran bilchithe thalli   sugereevukan  manthrivai ,
Swami  kaaryarthivaai undi   Sri Rama  Soumithrulm  joosi

Be by my side always  when I am in troubles and protect me,
Oh God who  is the son born to Anjana  devi,
I have  always  seen you as  the  merciful  one  , to look after me when I am in trouble,
You protected me   as a benevolent god  , You were  the mother  who  called me near
  You  were  the minister of sugreeva  , And you saw  Rama  and Lakshmana.
For the  sake  of  job of  his  master





Vaarin  vicharinchi  , sarveshu  poojinchi, yabbanujun  bantu gavinchi ,
Yavalinin jampi  kakusthathiakun  daya  drishti  veekshinchi  ,
Kishkinda ketenchi  , sri rama karyarthivai lankaketrenchiyun
Lankinim  jampi yun  Lankanugalachiyun bhumijan  joochi,
Yaanandamupponga yayugarimpinchi  yaarathamun dechi

You enquired with them, you worshipped them , then went   and met the younger brother sugreeva  ,
Got killed  Vali, saw the merciful  look of the  Kakustha    brothers,
Recovered KIshkinda , Searched for  Lanka , for the work of Rama  ,
Killed  Lankini , you set fire   to  Lanka ,Saw Sita(Daughter of earth)
And became ecstatic and handed   over to her    the  ring of Rama to her 

Sri Ramukunnichi, Santoshanun Jesi, Sugrivunum Angadun Jambavanthadi
Neelaadulun Goodi, Yaasetuvun Daati, Vaanarul Mookalai, Daityulan Drunchaga, Ravanudantha Kalagni Ugrundudai, Kori, Brahmandamainatti Yashakthinin Vesi, Yalakshmanun Moorcha Nondimpaga Nappude Poyi Sanjeevanin Dechi, Soumithrikinnichi Pranambu Rakshimpaga,

After  making her happy   regarding Rama, and along with  Sugreeva, Angadha  , Jambavan,
And Neela , you crossed  the Sethu(bridge) , and when the  monkeys   were  killing the Rakshasas,
Which made   son of  Ravana  as furious as  Rudra    who sent the  SAkthi   given to him  by Brahma,
Which made  Lakshmama   faint and  which made you  immediately go and   bring  the SAnjivini,
And   save the life  of Lakshmana

 Kumbakarnadi Veeraditho Poradi, Chendadi,Sri Rama Banagni Varandarin Ravanun Jampaga Nantha Lokambulanadamai Yundanavvelanan, Navvibhishanun Vedukan Dodukan Vachi, Pattabhishekambu Jeyinchi, Seethamahadevinin Dechi, Sriramukun Icchi, Ayodhyakun Vachi, Pattabhishekambu Samrambhamaiyunna,

You fought   with  valorous heroes like  Kumbhakarna  , hurt them  and they were killed by    fire  arrows  of Rama   , who also killed   Ravana by Rama  Banas   and for the sake  of the good of the world , the war was brought to an  end  and Vibheeshana   was crowned as the king , you brought the  great queen Sita , gave her to Rama, came back to Ayodhya and performed the   crowning of Rama

Neekanna Naakevvarun Goormileranchu Manninchi Nanramabhakthi Prashasthambuga Ninnu Neenaama Sankirthanal Chesithe Papamul Bayune

There  is no one who is more  dear to me than you.If I   sing   your name  , my  devotion to Rama    would increase and all  the sins  that I have done    would be destroyed

Bhayamulun Deerune Bhagyamul Galgune Sakala Samrajyamul Sakala Sampathulun Galgune Vanarakara! Yo bhakthamandara! Yo punyasanchara!

All  my fears would be removed  , my luck would increase  , I would get all the prosperity   in all  the world  , Oh lord of the monkeys  , oh mandara   flower of devotees, Oh  Lord   who always   travels doing good deeds

Yo dheera! Yo Shura! Neeve Samasthambu Neeve Phalambuga Velasi
Oh Courageous one  , Oh Valorous one  , You are  my everything  , You please  become  all  that will result

Yataraka Brahma Mantrambu Patiyinchuchun Sthiramuga Vajra Dehambunun Dalchi,Sri Rama Sri Rama Yanchun Mana Poothamai Yeppudun Tappakan,
Talachunajihva Yandundi Nee Deergha Dehambu Trailokya Sancharivai, Rama 

That  Tharaka  Manthra(Ram , ram)   may permenantly  grant me a  very strong body  and always without  missing , make me   chant  Rama, Rama and make my toungue always   remember it , May your huge body be forever travel in these  three  worlds

Naamamkita Dyanivai Brahmavai, Tejambunan Roudrini Jwala Kallola Haveera Hanumantha!Omkaara Hrimkara Shabdambulan Bhuta Preta Pishashambulan, Gali Dayyambulan, Needu Valambunan Jutti Nealambadamgotti Neemusti Ghatambulan Bhahudandambulan Roma Khamdambulan Drunchi, Kaalagni Rudrumdavai Brahma Prabha Bhasitambain Nee Divya Tejambunan Joochi,
Rara Naa Muddu Narasimha Yanchu Daya Drushti Veekshinchi, Nannelu Naa Swami! Namasthe Sada Brahma Chari Namasthe! Vayuputra Namasthe! Namasthe Namasthe Namasthe Namasthe Namasthe
Namah
                                                                         
Oh  lustrous   furious  Hanumantha    who is  a joy filled  warrior  , on whom is written name Rama , who always  meditates on him  as Brahmam,  who with   the sound of Om and hreem  removes   the fear to ghosts  , dead bodies   and devils and  by the rotation of his tail  and  dashing them to  the ground, who by his  mighty arms and fists  breaks them in to pieces and  who ties  them and drags by his hair blades,

You have the appearance  of Lord Rudra     during  the fires  of deluge, you shine with the luster of Brahma and seeing   your luster  , I call you  “come come my darling Narasimha”, my god   and request you to shower  me with your merciful glance
Salutations  to Him who is always Brahmachari , Salutations to son of wind God , Salutations, salutations   and salutations

No comments: