Friday, May 27, 2022

Prayer to die as Sumangala (with wife alive)

 

Prayer  to die as Sumangala (with wife alive) 

 

By

P.R.Ramachander

 


My  wife  was    chanting   a stotra  before goddess

And I   asked  her , what  for   she was chanting  it,

She  said, to die   as a  sumangali that is  die before you,

I thought over  and asked, “is there prayer for sumangala?”

 

She said “do not be silly. Nothing like that”

 

Then I started  praying

 

Oh  Lord Shiva, Oh Lord  Viswanadha  ,

Who had  given half   body to his consort,

So as to be sure that , she will never  leave him first,

Please bless me  to  die as Sumangala , that  is before my wife

 

Oh Lord  Vishnu  , oh lord Vishwambara oh lordGaruda sayana,

Who has   made  his wife  always  on his chest,

So as to be sure that  she will never leave him first

Please  bless me to die  as sumangala, that is before  my wife

 

She then shouted  at me  “why oh why?”

 

After  you leave  as  a sumangali , thinking of you.

And all that you did  for me , I would be sleeping.

No hot strong coffee will  come  in the morning ,

I will come out of bedroom  and seeing all or sleeping

Will  slowly  move  to the kitchen, to make a coffee,

Since I did not know   how to light  the stove  ,

Nor know  what  are  needed  to make  a coffee,

I sat in the kitchen and started   crying loud ,

My DIL  came out  with a   sleepy  eye  and asked,

“what  happened ?  and I told  her “where is my coffee,

And she shouted  at me , no coffee  in this house ,

We all take tea and  I get up at  seven ,

And so  do not do  such a   silly  thing!

 

I prayed  to god only  thinking of that

 

Oh Skanda  , Oh Muruka  oh Subrahmanya,

I  know  that  you have two wives   so that,

If one is not there, other   will always there

Please  bless me to die  as sumangala, that is before  my wife

 

My  wife laughed  ‘I will teach you how  to make,

Hot  instant  coffee in micro wave oven.

And now   at least  allow  me to die  as sumangali

 

Oh not only that ,

 

With tear filled   eyes  , I went  to the park.

Came back at 7 and my Son and Dil ,

Both shouted  at me  for keeping  the door open,

And going out  and I told them, she used to lock the door,

And they disappeared  and came out with a cold bitter tea,

I some how managed to drink  , went to take bath,

Finished all my pooja and came out  ,

And my home was deserted and I phoned my son,

He said, “Appa do not be silly  , at 8  ,

Me and she  go  to the office  and your grand son,

Goes  to the  school  in his bus as usual”

Then I said  I am hungry , he said softly

“uppuma , sambar , poriyal  are in fridge,

And   the rice  is in the  electric cooker”

Manage to eat , we aill all come back  in the evening

 

Oh Lord Ganesa , Oh Lord Vighneswara , Oh Lord Ganapathi.

I never  knew   why you never  got married,

Perhaps  it was  to always  go the temple to eat.

Please  bless me to die  as sumangala, that is before  her 

 

My wife further laughed and said, “do you know ,

How to heat and eat food, I will teach you to do that.”

Please allow me to die   as Sumangali

 

Not needed my dear , I have   decided  to move  ,

To am old age home  in coimbatore, if you die early

 

My laughed  further , “perhaps  you do not know,

There is no mulagootal , Mezhukku  peratti,

Or Erisseri  in any old age  home ,

And also   you should know  lot more things

To live    in that  place  ,

Possibly  they will teach you”

 

Oh Goddess Kamakshi, Meenakshi   , Visalakshi,

Oh Goddess  Sarada , Mookambike  and  Annapurna,

You all are  great  and are  with your husband always, as sumangalis

Please  bless me to die  as sumangala, that is before  my wife

 

My wife  again laughed  “I understand  you  ,

WE  will now on , pray  to die on same day  .

 

No comments: