Monday, December 13, 2021

Sri Gopala Kavacham

Sri Gopala Kavacham Translated by P.R.Ramachander ( Though Gopala means a cowherd and is one of the names of Krishna, it could also mean the protector of all beings.) Sri Mahadeva Uvacha:- Lord Shiva said:- 1.Adha vakshyami kavacham Gopalasya Jagad guro , Yasya smarana mathrena Jeevanmuktho Bhaved nara Now I am going to tell that Armour of Gopala , who is the world teacher, Remembering which a man would get salvation. 2.Srunu devi pravakshyami saavadhanaa avadharaya, Naradasya rishir devi chandho anushtubudahrutham. Devatha Balakrishnasca Chathur varga pradhayaka Hear oh Goddess, I am going to telling that armour carefully, And its sage is Narada and meter is Anushtup. The god addressed is the baby Krishna and, This is being chanted to get Dharma, wealth , desire and salvation. Om Asya Sri Gopala kavachasya Narada rishi , Anushtup Chanda , Sri Balakrishno devatha , Dharma artha kama mokshartha Jape viniyoga Om , ts sage is Narada and meter is Anushtup. The god addressed is the baby Krishna and, This is being chanted to get Dharma, wealth , desire and salvation. 3.Devathaa  Bala krishnascha pathu nithyam mama sruthiSiro may Balakrishnascha , pathu nithyam mama sruthiLet  God Balakrishna   daily  protect my Vedas
Let my head be protected by  baby Krishna  , this is my veda 4.Narayana pathu kandam , gopi vandhya kapolakam, Nasike Madhuhaa pathu , chakshushi Nandanandana. Let Narayana protect my neck , the worshipful Govinda my cheeks, Let my nose be protected by killer of Madhu and let son of Nanda protect my eyes. 5.Jananardhana pathu Danda adharam Madhavasthadaa, Urvoshtam pathu varahaa schibulam Kesi soodhana Let Janardhana protect my teeth and let my lips be protected by Madhava, Let my lips be protected by Varaha and let the killer of Kesi protect my chin 6.Hrudayam Gopika Nadho , Nabhim sethu pradha sadaa, Hasthou Govardhanadhara , Padhou peethambaro Aavathu. Let my heart be protected by Lord of Gopis, Let my navel be always protected by him who built the Sethu(bridge), Let my hands be protected by him who lifted Govardhana mountain, And let my legs be protected by him who wears yellow silk. 7.Karanguleem Sridharo may Padangulya Krupamaya, Lingam pathu Gadhapani , bala Kreeda manohara. Let my fingers be protected by Sridhara, Let my toes of feet be protected by the merciful one , Let my private parts be protected by he who holds the mace , Who is also a child who looks pretty when he plays. 8.Jagannadha pathu poorvam, , Sr Ramo avathu paschima, Utharam Kadibarischa , dakshinam Hadhumath Prabhu. Let the east be protected by the Lord of the universe, Let my west be protected by Lord Rama, Let my north be protected by the enemy of Kaidaba, And my south be protected by the worshipful Lord. 9.Agneyam pathu Govindaa , nairytathyam pathu Kesava, Vayavyam pathu daithyari , eesanyaam Gopa Nandana. Let Govinda protect the south east, Let Kesava protect my South west, Let the enemy of asuras protect my north west and son of Gopa protect my North west. 10.OOrdhwam pathu pralambari aRadha Kaidaba mardhana, Sayaanaam pathu poothathma , gandhou pathu sriya pathi Let my top side br protected by the enemy of Pralamba, Let the killer of Kaidaba protect me while worshipping, Let the soul of all beings protect when I am sleeping, And let my smell be protected by the Lord of Lakshmi. 11.Sesha pahu niralambe , jagrad bhave ahypampathi, Bhojane kesiha pathu Krishna SArvanda sandhishuy. Let Adhi Sesha protect me when I do not have help, Let the Lord of the snake protect when I am alert, Let the killer of Kesi protect when I am taking food, And let Krishna protect all my body and joints. 12.Gananasu , Nisanadho , dhivanadho , dhinakshaye , Ithi they kathidham divyam kavacham paramadbutham. Take in to account the lord of the night, lord of the day at the end of the day, Thus he told this divine armour which is wonderful. 13.Ya padenithyam mevedam kavacham prayatho nara, Thasyasu vipadho devi nasyanthi ripi samgatha. If this is read daily and understood by a pious man, All his adversities would be destroyed along with his enemies, Oh Goddess 14.Anthe Gopalacharanam prapnothi parameswari, Trisandhye ,yeka sandhyam vaa ya padeth srunuyadhapi, 15. Thath sarvadho Remanadha paripathi chathurbhuja, Ajnathwa kavacham devi gopalam poojyedhyadhi 16.Sarvan thasya vrudha devi , japa homarchanadhikam , Na Sasthra gatham sampapya mruthyumethi na samsaya. In the end he would attain the feet of Gopala , Oh goddess, He who reads it either at dawn, dusk and noon or one of those times, Would be protected always by the four armed consort of Lakshmi . Oh Goddess , if one is ignorant of this armour even if one worships Gopala, Or chants , does fire sacrifices and performs worship it would all be in vain And he would reach his end by the wound caused by a weapon. Ithi Sri Narada Pancha Thanthre Sri Gopala Kavacham sampoornam Thus ends the armour of Gopala occurring in Narada Pancha Thanthra

No comments: