Thursday, July 12, 2018

Chelakkara Narasimha Murthy Sthuthi


Chelakkara  Narasimha  Murthy  Sthuthi

Translated by
P.R.Ramachander






(I am from a village  called Chelakkara  in Kerala.Like all the  people of Chelakkara , I am greatly   devoted to Lord  Lakshmi Narasimha Murthy   who has a  temple in our village.Today is my wedding anniversary  and early morning  , some one from my village   sent this great prayer  to me for translation. I thought   that  my Lord Narasimha Murthy   was   telling me  , that  he is blessing me   and he was ordering me to translate  this great prayer in mAlayalam .It has just flowed from some one’s heart .I do not know , who it is .My thaks are due to him and also the lady whom my God chose   to send this  prayer to me. Narasimha Murthe  Saranam)

Narayana  , Hare Narayana  ,
Hare  Narayana  , Hare  Narasimha  , hare

Cheluzhum  Chelakkara  thannil  Vaazhunna  ,
Charu moorthe   , Narasimha  moorthe  ,
Chetho maayamaakum  nin divya  roopamen  ,
Chethassil   yennennum  minnidene  (Narayana...)

Oh Lord  Narasimha  , oh pretty  Lord ,
Who lives  in the  very pretty Chelakkara,
Let   your divine form which  occupies my mind ,
Shine forever    within my mind. (Narayana...)

Laksha kanakinnu  , bhaktha  janathinu,
Rakshakal   cheyyunna  Divya  moorthe  ,
Lakshyam yennum   pada  padmangalil,
Akshaya  bhakthiyayi  theernidene (Narayana...)

Oh divine   got who gives protection ,
To Lakhs  of   your devotees  ,
Let always  my aim  become  ,
Devotion to your  lotus like  feet (Narayana...)

Kanneer thudauchu nee  Prahaldha  balande  ,
Vinnor sthuthichu   nin punya  roopam  ,
THarunya megu ken  rasanakku   nithyavum,
Karunya roopaa  nin namamothaan (Narayana...)

You wiped   the tears  of the boy  Prahladha,
And devas prayed   to  your  blessed  form,
Oh merciful one Please  make  my interest
In chanting  your  name   be  always  youthful (Narayana...)

Raktham kudichu  nee  , vakthram pilarnnu nee  ,
BHakthane  Rakshichu   sathyamoorthe  ,
Vyakthamaakeeduga   yen hruthil  nin roopam,
Bhakthi pagaruka  Loka  Nadha (Narayana...)

You drank blood , you tore open a  neck,
And Of  form of truth , you saved  your devotee ,
Please  make your form in my mind  very clear,
And oh Lord of the world , give me devotion. (Narayana...)

Narakathil ninnu   yennum kara  ketheedunnathaam ,
Narayanaa  ninde  nama  jalam  ,
Naadengum  paadi nadaneeduvaan   eeswaraa ,
Nan mukha  vandithaa  sakthi yegu (Narayana...)

The magic of   your name  Oh Narayana,
For ever would bring out people from hell,
Oh God , who is  saluted  by Lord  Brahma .
Give  me strength   to sing it and wander  all over the world (Narayana...)

Rana  bhoomiyil pandu paarthannu   nalgi nee  ,
Banam ayachidaan thathwa  bodham  ,
Anayunnu  jnan ithaa   nin sannidhi   thannil,
Anayatha  deepamai matheedene (Narayana...)

In olden times   you   gave  knowledge of Philosophy,
To Arjuna   to send  an arrow  in the battle field,
And I am fast   coming near  your temple  ,
Please  convert me to a lamp which  is  never put out (Narayana...)

Hari nama  keerthanam   idaraathe  paaduvaan ,
Sariyaya jnanam  ivannu  nalgu  ,
Kari pandu   thamara pookaal   arpichappol,
Hariyaakki  maththiya  karunyame  (Narayana...)

Please  give me proper   wisdom ,
To sing  the name  of Hari without  problems  .
When the elephant   gave you  a flower ,
Oh kind one  you changed  him in to Hari (Narayana...)

Ripu   jana nigraham   cheyyuvaanaayittu  ,
Sura  janam   prarthana  cheitha  neram,
Asura  balan   thande  vaakkinnu chernna  pol,
Adbutha  roopamayi  maariyone (Narayana...)

Ay the  time   when the devas prayed you ,
To kill  their  enemy people,
To  suit  the words of the   Asura lad ,
You  assumed a wonderful form. (Narayana...)


No comments: