Sunday, April 28, 2019

Tamil prayer to get cured of diseases




Tamil prayer   to get cured of diseases

Translated  by
P.R.Ramachander





1.To get cured  of Arthritis

AAttuvikkum  aandavane,
AAdhi parameshvarane,
Paattu vazhi vendukindren,
Pan thamizhil paadukindren,
Kaattu vazhi naan  nadanthu,
Kadha vazhi  chendraalum ,
Moottu vali vanthidamal,
Mukannane munnarulvai

OH God wakes me live and move ,
Oh Parameshwara   who is primeval,
I am singing  in poetic Tamil,
Even if I walk in the forest,
And even if I walk  miles together ,
Oh three   eyed God  , bless me  first,
That I should not get  joint pain.

2.To get cured of Giddiness

Thalai baaram thanthenakku,
Thalai chuththal pannidaathe,
Thalai  novum vanthenakku,
Thavi thavikka cheithidaathe,
Thalai meethu gangai nadhi,
Than mathiyum poondavane,
Thalai thaazhi vendukindren,
Dhayudane katthidayya.

By  giving me heaviness  of head,
Do not make   me faint,
By giving me head ache,
Do not make  me greatly miserable,
OH God who has river ganges on his head,
And also The god who has cool moon on his head,
I am bending my head and requesting,
Kindly  protect and look after me

3.To get cured of Eye diseases

Pannirandu  vizhi padaitha,
Paarvathiyaal  puthirane,
Kan irundu pogaamal ,
Kandha vele  kathidayya,
Annai parameswarin 
Arumai mainthaa Muruga vele,
Yennai  kan paathidayya,
Yen kannai  kathidayya.

Oh son   of Goddess  Parvathi,
Who has   twelve   eyes,
Oh Lord Skanda, please protect me,
By not allowing my eyes not to see,
Oh Lord Muruga , who isa the darling son,
Of mother Parameshwari,
Please   look at me,
Please  protect  my eyes.

4.To get rid of heart attack

Thanjai periya kovil ,
Thannil koluvirukkum,
Nanjai virumbi unda,
Naadhaa  - brahadeesaa-un,
Anjai dhinam yezhuthi,
Nenjai unakkalithu  ,
Dhinamum  panikindrene

Oh Lord who ate  poison willingly,
And who  is  living  ,
In the big temple  of Thanjavur,
Oh Lord  , the huge God,
I daily write  “Namasivaya(five letters)
And give my heart daily to you,
And I daily   salute you.

Punjai nilam vilaya,
Bhoomi manam kulira,
Manjai pozhiya vaikkum,
Maha Maheswarane,
Nenju vali vanthalarum,
Nilai yenakku  vanthidaamal,
Kenji unai  vendukindren,
Kasi naadha  kaathiduvai.

Oh Great  Maheswara,
Who makes   rain to fall,
So that Paddy  crop is grown,
And make the mind of earth cool,
Please prevent me from  crying with pain,
Due to heart attack   affecting me,
I beg and beg you,
Oh Lord  of Kasi  protect me.

5.To lead healthy life with prosperity

Naamathai  pothukindren,
Naanilathil  naan vaazha,
Chemathai  thanthiduvai,
Selva   ganapathiye,
OOmathai  vaazhvagathi,
OOzh vinai than agathi,
Poomethai poal  vaazhvu,
Poorikka   cheithiduvai.

I praise   your name,
Please give me comforts,
Oh Lord Ganesa  of wealth,
Please remove the lunatic life,
Please remove   effect of Samsara,
And make my  life flower,
Like  a bed filled   with soft flower.

6.To get rid  of old age diseases

Ondrukkul irandaana mukkannane,
Naana mukhane, iymkarana, aarumukhane,
Ezhu malai  maalavane , yettu kudi velvane,
Onpathu kol naayagare, OM sakthi nayagiye,

Pathu thalai arutha  paranthaamaa, sri Rama,
Muthu thamizh yeduthu muppothum, vanangukindren,
Sathu kurayaamaal , charukkiye vizhaamal,
Pithu kuliyaaki, pidathiye   thiriyaamal,

Sruthi maaraamal pechu pirakkumpadi,
Marathi neraamal , moochu chirakkumpadi ,
Kuruthi kurayaamal , uruthi  irukkumpadi,
Iruthi varaikkum yen  ilamai  nilakkumpadi.,

Arula   vendum iraivaa,-yentha,
Akhilathukkum   thalaivaa,
ANaithu kaakka   varuvai,
Nal anbu kondu viraivai

Oh three eyed one who is two in one (male and female),
Oh four headed god,.Oh five handed God, Oh six faced God,
Oh Lord Vishnu of seven hills, , Oh Lord of Vel   with eight temples.
Oh Lord of nine planets, Oh Goddess  Om Sakthi,

Oh Rama, Oh God who cut off   the ten heads,
Taking the  pearl like Tamil  , I salute  you all the three  times,
With   strength not diminishing, With no falling due to slipping,
With me not wandering murmuring like a mad person,

Make   the speech come   without any mistake in sound,
Make me not forget, make my breath  preoper,
Make my blood not diminish , make strength   to be always there,
And make my youth stay till my end,

Oh God , please give all these things,
Oh Lord who is head of all   the universe,
Please come to protect everything,
And come speedily  along with love.

7.Effect of reciting entire prayer

In tha thuthiyai padukindra,
Yennai pondra yevarum,
Vantha thunbam neengi  nalla,
Valamai inbam peruvar,
Dantha vezha mugathonin,
ThaNNarulai  peruvar,
Sontha bantham choozha  vaazhum,
Sukha vaazvai  peruvar
                             Pulavar Veli

All  those who read this prayer ,
Who are like  me,
Would see that  their sorrows would fly away,
And would get good prosperity,
They woud get   the cool gace,
Of the God  with  elephant face and tusk,
And they would get the pleasant life,
Of living  surrounded by relatives and friends

                                       Poet  Veli

No comments: