Sunday, May 26, 2019

Prarthanai in Tamil


Prarthanai  in Tamil
(Prayer  in Tamil)

Translated  by
P.R.Ramachander

( I do not know   who wrote   this very great prayer .I saw it in a book called  Sanmarga  Darshini.My humble   acknowledgements) 


1.Punneri thannil   chellaa  budhi, iym pulan adakkam,
Thannalam  nadaa  thanmai , chanchalam  yelaaa  chitham,
Innuyir  chaalam yellam , iraivanin uru   yendru  oarthal,
Ninnadi   dhyana  yogam, nidham  yenakku  arul   cheivaaye

Please  grant me daily  , the mind   that does not go to evil acts,
Control of five sense organs, has   habit of not  desiring  only for  good of self ,
And have a  mind  that does not waver, thinking that   all  acts of all beings,
Are  the   forms of God   and  do  yoga  of meditation on your feet.

2.Manathinai  unnil oondri, vaazhvu  thazhvutha  pothum,
Mana nilai   chainthidaamal , vaaithathil    thrupthi yuthu,
Vinayinai yellam  un paal vittu  , oru  paththu  mindri,
Inithu vaazhnthida yenakku   un yinnarul   cheikuvaaye

Please  shower   your grace  on me so that, my mind does  not ,
Waver or bend, when there is a dip in my life’s   fortunes,
By   deeply fixing you  in my mind, getting contentment  in what I get,
Leaving    all  the karmas   to you,  being without   any attachment,
And  live   forever   sweetly   as well as   happily.

3.Yeppani  cheyyum poathum , yevvuna vunnum poathum,
Tharpanam , homam , dhanam, thapa  japam  pannum poathum,
Appane   avaththai  yellam , anbudam  un thaal  inayil,
Arppanam cheyyum  neermai   adiyanukku  arul chevvaye

Please bless me so  that during   whatever  job I do   and
whatever  Food that I eat or  whenever  I am  doing  tharpana,
Homa  , charity, penance  ,chanting, I am able to get ,
The ability  to offer   them all   at   your   twin feet.

4.Unnai   yekkalum yenthan  ulamathil  yenni   nindru un,
Ponnadi   saroruhathai  poththi namaskariththu,
Un  innarut kadalil   moozhki  , yevathinum  unnai kandu,
Dhanniyanaaki  vaazha  thamiyanukku arul cheivaaye

Please   bless me   to live   with all prosperity,
Thinking   of  you in my mind always,  praying your gold like ,
Lotus like feet and saluting it, drowning in the  ,
Sweet  ocean  of your  blessings and seeing you in all  things.

5.Yaan yenathu yendra garvam  anu valavenum , yenthan,
Manasam  thannil thondraa  vali, nilai peyaraa  dhairyam
Jnana  sadhanathile   vetkai, nanneri , guru  vanakkam,.
Dhana maa gunangal, yellam dhayavudan  arul cheivaaye

Please kindly bless  me    so that I    do not have  an atom  of pride,
In my mind thinking about me and mine, have  very    stable   courage,
Great  interest in  fruits of wisdom , good   habits ,
Respect    for the teacher  and great  habits like charity.

6.Viruppamum  veruppun indri , vinai  payan yelaam undhan,
Thirupadham thanil cherthu, trupthiyum  thiranum uththu,
Oruppavar  meethum dwesham uththidaa thanbe poondu,
THiruppani cheithu vaazha  thiruvarul   cheiguvaaye.

Please  kindly bless  me   so that , without  desire or hatred,,
I am able to offer   all the  result of fate   at  your divine   feet  and ,
Become    satisfied   and able and   develop no  hatred ,
Even on those who trouble me   and have only  love towards them.


No comments: