Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Prayers based on Birth Nakshatra


Prayers  based on Birth Nakshatra

Translated  by
P.R.Ramachander



(Every person in this world is born in one of the 27 stars(nakshatra) . They indicate  the position of moon in their horoscope. I recently saw a book which gives   the daily prayers which people have to  chant daily  based on their birth stars. It is recommended  that they chant  the small prayers  and if not possible  meditate  on the Gayatri given.. If done , they  will become prosperous and most of their proper  wishes would be fulfilled  .

God bless the anonymous author)

1.Star  Asvathi/Asvini   God   Saraswathi

a.Nakshthra  Gayathri

Om Swetha varnaya  vidhmahe,
Sudhakaraya  Deemahi
Thanno aswinou  Prachodayath

Let me meditate  on the white colured God,
Oh Lord Surya  , give me higher  intellect
And let aswini star illuminate my mind

b.Prayers

1.Om Vag devyai   cha Vidhmahe,
Virinchi pathnayai  cha deemahi
Thanno  Saraswathi Prachodhayath

Let me meditate on goddess  of words,
Let the wife of Brahma give me higher intellect
And let Goddess  Saraswathi illuminate  my mind

.2.Vani  , Gunalaye  devi  ,
Vani mathe  ,Saraswathi ,
Vannedukende  naavinmel  ,
Jnanam yennil  udhikkuvan.

Oh Goddess  Saraswathi  ,  goddess who is the Temple  of good  characters,
Oh mother Vani , Oh Saraswathi ,
Please   live on my toungue,
So that wisdom   arises  in me.

3.,Saraswathi sadaanande ,
Brahma  pathni   sulochane  ,
Sundari  Subhadhe  ninde  ,
Pada  padmam  thozhunnu jnan .

Oh SAraswathi   who is forever  happy  ,
Oh consort of  Brahma who has  pretty eyes,
Oh Pretty one  who does all  good things  ,
I am saluting your  lots like feet

2.Bharani -Durga

Bharani Gayathri

Om Krishna varnaya  Vidmahe,
Danda  Dharaaya deemahi
Thanno Bharani  Prachodhayaath

Let me meditate  on black goddess,
Let She holds    the staff give me higher  intellect,
And let  Goddess  Bharani   illuminate  my mind

Prayers

Durga  Gayathri

1.Om Kathyayanya Vidhmahe,
Kanya kumaryai    cha deemahi
Thanno durgi  prachodhayaath

Let me meditate  on Goddess  Kathyayano,
Let  Kanya kumara    give  me higher  intellect
And let Goddess Durga  illuminate  my mind

2.Karthyayaini , Mahamaye,
Gadga bana dhaurdhare,
Gadga dharinee chandi,
Sri Durga Devi namosthuthe.

Salutations to goddess Durga,
Who is Karthyayaini ,
Who is the greatest enchantress,
Who carries with her sword, arrow and bow,
And who is Chandi who carries the sword.

3.Yoga nidhre, maha nidhre,
Yoga maye, maaheswari,
Yoga sidhikari shudhe,
Sri Durga Devi namosthuthe.

Salutations to goddess Durga,
Who is the sleep of yoga,
Who is the great sleep,
Who is enchantress of yoga,
Who is the greatest goddess,
Who is the one who gives powers through yoga,
And who is clean and truthful.

3,Karthika, kruthikai/Karthikai  - Lord Subrahamanya

Karthika Gayathri

Om Vahni dehanaya  vidmahi
Maha thapaaya   deemahi
Thanno Krithika   prachodayath

Let me meditate on Goddess with fire like body,
Let The  goddess who does thapas  give me higher intellect ,
Let goddess  karthika illuminate   my mind

Prayers to Subrahamanya

1.Subrahmanya  Gayathri

Om Parvathi suthaya  vidhmahe,
Maha senaaya   demahi,
Thanno  shanmukha  prachodayath

Let me meditate on son of Parvathi,
Let the God who leads a great army give me higher intellect
Let God Shanmukha illuminate my mind

2.Nijananda roopam, nirmala guna vikasam,
Gajanujam, karthikeyam , guham,
Prajapathim parvathi prana puthram,
Bhaje sada Shanmuka pada pankajam

I always sing about the lotus like feet of the six faced one,
Who has the form of true joy , who is personification of pure characters,
Who is the brother of Ganesa, who is brought up by Karthika maidens, Who is guha,
Who is the leader of men and is the darling son of Parvathi.

3.Pranavopadesa prathyaksha guru moorthim,
Kirana koti Basakara lavanyam,
Saranagatha sadhu jana samrakshakam,
Pranamamyaham Kumara charanaravindham.

I salute the lotus like feet of Lord Kumara,
Who is the personal teacher who taught the meaning of om,
Who has the prettiness of sun with billions of rays,
And who protects the good who surrender to Him.

4.Rohini-Krishna

Om praja vruthyai cha deemahe,
Viswaroopaaya deemahi
Thanno rohini prachodayath

Let me meditate  in increase of population,
Let the God with super form give me higher intellect
Let goddess Rohini illuminate my mind

Prayers

1.Krishna Gayathri

Om devaki nandanaya   vidmahe,
Divya  mangalayai cha  deemahe,
Thanno  Krishna pracodayat

Let me meditate on the son of devaki,
Let the divine auspecious one give me higher intellect,
Let god Krishna illuminate my

Prayers

.2.ndira hrudayanandam   vrundaraka  Ganarchitham,
Nanda soonum aham   vandhe mandhara   suma  malinam

1.I salute   that son of Nanda who wears   the garland of Mandhara,
Who makes the mind of Goddess  Lakshmi happy and  who is worshipped  by people of Vrundavan.

3.Mandhahasanvitha  mukham , Chandra bimbomananam,
Vrindhavana  sthitham   vandhe sundaram  nanda nandanam

2. I salute  the pretty son of Nanda   who lives in Vrindavana,
Who has a face  which can be compared to moon decorated by a smile  


5.Mageeram/Mrugaseersham  -Lord Shiva

Nakshatra  Gayathri

Om That purushaya  Vidmahe,
Maha devaya  Deemahi
Thanno easwara prachodayath

Om Let me meditate on that Purusha,
Let the great God  give me higher intellect 
Let   That  Easwara  illuminate my mind

Prayer

Gowri nadham, Viswa nadham, sarnyam,
Bhothaavasam Vasuki kanda bhoosham,
Triksham Panchasyadhi devam , puranam,
Vandhe Sandarananda Sandoha daksham.

Salutations to the God who is diligent in managing Sum total of joy,
Who is consort of Parvathi, Who is lord of the universe, Who likes people who surrender,
Who lives in all beings , who wears snake Vasuki as an ornament over his neck,
Who has three eyes, Who is the god with five faces and is primeval.

2.Yogadheesam , Kamanasam, Karalam,
Ganga sanga klinna moordhana meesam,
Jata jutato parikshiptha bhavam,
Maha Kalam , Chandra phalam Namami

Salutations to the great destroyer , who wears crescent in his forehead,
Who is the God of Yoga , who killed God of love , who is terrible,
Who is the God who carries River Ganga on his head,
And surrounds it with well tied twisted locks of hair.

6.THiruvadirai/Arudra  Nataraja

Nakshatra  Gayathri

Om Chith sabhesaya Vidhmahe,
Chitha akasaya deemahi
Thanno sabhesa pachodayath

Let me  meditate on Chith Sabhesa,
Let the god who is divine sky  give me higher  intellect,
Let     Natarajs   illuminate my mind

Prayers

Om Akasa thandavaya  vidhmahe,
Narthana  Rajaya Demahi,
Thanno Nataraja  Prachodayath

Let me meditate upon dancer in the sky,
Let king of dancers give me higher  intellect,
Let  Nataraja  illuminate my mind

Krupa samaudram, sumukham, trinethram,
Jadadaharam, Parvathi vama bhagam,
Sada shivam, rudramanantha roopam,
Chidambaresam hrudhi bhavayami.,

I meditate on that Lord of Chidambaram,
Who is the ocean of mercy,
Who has a pleasant mien,
Who has three eyes,
Who has matted locks,
Who keeps Parvathy on his left side,
Who is ever peaceful,
And who is limitless and angry.

Vachamatheetham phani bhooshanangam,
Ganesa thatham dhanadasya mithram,
Kandarpa nasam, Kamlothpalaksham,
Chidambaresam hrudhi bhavayami.

I meditate on that Lord of Chidambaram,
Who is beyond words,
Who wears the serpent as ornament,
Who is the father of Ganesa,
Who is the friend of Kubhera,
Who destroys pride,
And who has eyes like the lotus flower.

7.Punartham-Punarpoosam –Sri Rama

Nakshatra  Gayathri

Om Dasaradhaya   vidhmahe,
Seetha Nadhaya Vidhmahi
Thanno  Ramachandra  prachodayath

Let me meditate on son of Dasaradha,
Let the husband of Seetha give me higher intellect,
Let That Ramachandra  illuminate my mind

Prayers

Bhaje visesha sundaram, samastha papa khandanam,
Swabhaktha chitha ranjanam, Sadaiva rama madvayam.

I pray always that Rama,
Who is second to none,
Who is especially pretty,
Who cuts off all sins,
And who makes the mind,
Of his devotes happy.

Jatakalapa Shobhitham, Samastha papa nasakam,
Swabhaktha bheethi bhanjanam, Bhajeha rama madvayam.

I pray always that Rama,
Who is second to none,
Who shines with his matted hair,
Who destroys all sins,
And who makes the mind,
Of his devotees free from fear.

8.Pooyam, poosam, pushyam   Lord Dakshinamurthy

Nakshatra  Gayathri

Om Jneswaraya  Vidhmahe,
Thathwa bodhaa  deemahi
Thanno deva  Prachodayath

Let me meditate  on God of wisdom,
Let he who teaches philosophy  give me higher intellect
Let That God  illuminate my mind

Prayers

1.Upasakanam  yathupasaneeya,
Mupathavasam   vata saki  moole,
Thadhama   dakshinyajusha   swamoorthyaa,
Jagarthu   chithe  mama bodha roopam.

1.let him  who should be meditated by seekers of God,
Who sits     on the roots  of a banyan tree ,
And whose form faces  the southern direction,
Awaken in my mind , the form of knowledge.

Adraksha  maksheena   dhayaa nidhana,
Macharyamadhyam  vata moole  bhage ,
Mounena mandasmitha  bhooshithena  ,
Maharshi  lokasya  thamo nudantham.

2.I salute him  who is  the storehouse of  ample mercy,
Who is the primeval teacher  sitting   below a  banyan tree,
Who is silent and ornaments  himself   with a smile  ,
And removes the darkness  of ignorance  of  the sages.

9.Ayilyam/Asresha –Naga deva

Nakshatra  Gayathri


Om Nagarajaya Vidhmahe,
Naga Mani sekaraya  deemahi,
Thanno  Nagendra  Prachodayath

Let me meditate on king of serpents,
Let  the collection sepent gems  give me higher intellect
Let  Indra of serpents  illuminate my mind

Prayers

Brahma Loke Cha Ye Sarpah Sheshanagah Purogamah
Namoastu Tebhyah Supritah Prasannah Santu Me Sada

Even in the land  of Brahma   these serpents are   leading  Adhi sesha
I salute them ,  let them be pleased  and happy  with me    for all   times.


Vishnu Loke Cha Ye Sarpah Vasuki Pramukhashchaye
Namoastu Tebhyah Supritah Prasannah Santu Me Sada

Even in  land of Vishnu   these serpents   are dominant  over Vasuki,
I salute them ,  let them be pleased  and happy   with me   for all   times.

10.Makam-Surya

Nakshatra  Gayathri

Om Eka Chakraya vidmahe,
Mahathyadhikaraya  deemahi,
Thanno adhithya prachodayath

Let me meditate on him who has one wheel,
Let he who is great president give me higher  intellect ,
Let that Sun God   illuminate my mind

Prayer

.Hamsaya bhuvana  dwandhadwamasyam amitha thejase,
Hamsa vahana roopaya Bhaskaraya namo nama.

Salutations to the maker of light , who is the spiritual preceptor,
The killer of darkness of the world who has immense light,
And who has the form of the one who rides on the swan.

Vedanthaya , pathangaya , vihangarooda murthaye,
Haridwarna thurangaya , Bhaskaraya namo nama.

Salutations to the maker of light , who is the philosopher,
The sun God who is in the sky , who has the form of flying God,
And who uses horses of the green colour.

11, Pooram- /Poorva Phalguni  Lord Ranganatha

Nakshatra  Gayathri

Veda moolaaya  Vidhmahe,
Veda srungaaya deemahi,
Thanno Ranga  Prachodayath

Let me meditate  on the root of Vedas,
Let the peak of Vedas give me higher  intellect
Let that Ranga  illuminate my mind

Prayers
Kasthuri kalith oordhwa pundra thilakam, karnantha lolekshanam,
Mugdha smera manohara daradalam, mukthaa kiretojjwalam,
Pasyan manasa pasyatho hararucha, paryaya pangeruham,
Sri Rangadhipathe kadanuvadanam, seveya bhooyamyaham.,

When will I be able to see and salute that Lord Ranganatha,
Wearing long pundarika of musk, having mischievous eyes extending to the ears,
Wearing a pretty smile , having beautiful lips, wearing gem studded crown,
And having a lotus like face which bewitches all those who see him?,

Kadaham kaveri thata parisare ranga nagare,
Sayanam bhogeendre sathamakamani syamala ruchim,
Upaaseena krosan Madhu Soodana, Narayana , hare,
Murare, Govindethya manasim apekshyami, divasan.,

When will I be able to spend my days in the city of Ranga,
On the shores of Kaveri meditating on my Lord,
Who is sleeping on the king of serpents ,
And who has a very pretty form of the colour of Indra's sapphire,
And muttering his names, Oh slayer of Madhu,
Oh Narayana, Oh Hari and Oh Govinda

12.Uthram, Uthra phalguni  Maha Lakshmi

Nakshatra  Gayathri

Om Kamala vasinyai  cha  Vidhmahe,
Padma  lochanyai cha  Deemahi,
Thanno Lakshmi  Prachodayath

Let me meditate on her who lives in lotus,
Let  Her who has lotus like eyes, give me higher intellect,
Let  That  Goddess Lakshmi Illuminate my mind

Prayer

Namosthesthu Maha Maye,
Sree peede, sura poojithe,
Sanka, chakra, Gadha hasthe,
Maha Lakshmi Namosthuthe.,

Salutations and salutations to Goddess Mahalakshmi,
Who is the great enchantress,
Who lives in riches,
Who is worshipped by Gods,

And who has conch, wheel and mace in her hands.
Namasthe garudarude,
Kolasura bhayam kari,
Sarva papa hare, devi,
Maha Lakshmi Namosthuthe.,

Salutations and salutations to Goddess Mahalakshmi.
Who rides on an eagle,
Who created fear to Kolasura,
And is the goddess who can destroy all sins

13.Hastham/Atham-Parvathy

Nakshatra  Gayathri

Om Maha devyai cha  Vidmahe,
Rudra pathni cha deemahi,
Thanno Gauri  prachodayath

Prayers
Mahadevim , Maha Shakthim, Bhavanim, Bhava vallabham,
Bhavarthi banjanakarim thwaam  Matharam.

Oh great goddess, Oh great power , Oh Bhavani , Oh consort of Lord Shiva,
Oh goddess who destroys Karma and desire , you are the mother of the world.

2.BHaktha Priyam , Bhakthi gamyam , Bhakthaanaam Keerthi vardhikaam,
Bhava  priyaam, sathim devim, Vandhe Thwam Bhaktha Vathsalaam.

Oh goddess who likes her devotees , Oh Goddess who can be approached by devotion ,
Oh Goddess who increases the fame of her devotees , Oh Darling of Lord Shiva ,
Oh Sathi devi, I salute you who loves your devotees.

14.Chithrai/Chithra-Sudarshana

Nakshatra  Gayathri

Om sudarshanaaya  vidhmahe,
Maha jwalaya   deemahi,
Thanno Chakra  Prachodayath

Let me meditate on Sudarshana Chakra
Let the great luster  give me higher  intellect,
Lat that  Chakra  illuminate my mind

Prayers
Sudarshana mahajwala praseedha  Jagatha  pathe,
Thejo raase praseedha thwam  koti surya amitha  prabha

Be pleased with me Oh Sudarshana  of great luster  who is the lord of the universe ,
Oh shining one  who has luster  more than one crore suns,  be pleased with me

Ajnana  thimira dwamsin , praseedha  paramadbutha ,
Sudarshana namosthesthu,  devaanaam thvam   sudarshana

Oh destroyer of cataract of ignorance , be pleased oh  greatly wonderful one  ,
I salute   the Sudarshana  and say   You are great looking   among the devas.

15.SWathi, Chothi-  Narasimha

Nakshatra  Gayathri

Om Sthambha  sambhavaya  vidmahe,
Ugra  roopaaya deemahi,
Thanno nrusimha  prachodayath

Let me meditate on him who broke the pillar,
Let  God with  fierce form  give me higher  intellect,
Let That Narasimha  illuminate my mind

Prayers

Deva khalu yoga mukhya,
Gandharwa vidhyadhara kinnarscha,
Yath pada moolam sathatha namanthi,
Tham Narasimham saranam gathosmi.,

I have sought the protection of that Man lion,
Whose feet is ever worshipped by,
All devas, certainly by great experts in yoga,
Gandharwas, Vidhyadharas and Kinnaras

Vedan Samasthan khalu Sastragarbhan,
Vidyabale keerthimathim cha Lakshmeem,
Yasya prasadath sathatham labhanthe,
Tham narasimham saranam gathosmi.,

I have sought the protection of that Man lion,
By whose grace, one receives always without fail,
All the Vedas, essence of all sciences,
Knowledge, strength fame as well as wealth.

16.Vishakham/Vishakha-  Subrahmanya

Nakshatra  Gayathri

Om Kukkuda dwajaya  vidhmahe,
Sakthi hasthaya  deemahi ,
Thanno  Skanda  Pracodayath

Let me meditate on God with cock on his flag,
Let Him who holds the sakthi   give me higher  intellect,
Let God Skanda  illuminate my mind

Prayers
Bhava thapa vimochana Thath parane,
Mama manasa kamitha dayakane,
Shiva sambhava bhaktha jana priyane,
Paripahi parath para Shanmukha maam..,

Please protect us, oh the most divine Shanmukha,
Who is interested in freeing us from the sorrow of birth,
Who gives all that our mind wishes,
Who is the son of Shiva  and loves his devotees.

Pramdhathipa nandana, dheera mathe,
Satha chandra samanana bhaya nidhe,
Sura sanchya vairi kulanthakane,
Paripahi parath para Shanmukha maam..,

Please protect us, oh the most divine Shanmukha,
Who is the son of the chief of Pramadhas, who is bold,
Who is the treasure equal to one hundred moons,
And who is the destroyer of collected enemies of devas.

17.Anuradha/Anusham, Anizham  Lakshmi  Narayana

Nakshatra  Gayathri

Om Narayanaaya  Vidmahe,
Lakshmi vallabhaya deemahi
Thanno Vishnu  prachodayath

Let me meditate on Narayana
Let Husband of Lakshmi  give me a higher  intellect,
Let Lord Vishnu   illuminate my mind

Prayers

Lokodhbhavasthe malayeswaraabhyaam,
Sokoru dheena sthithnasakabhyam,
Nithyaam, yuvaabhyaam, nathirasthu Lakshmi,
Narayanabhyam Jagatha Pithrubhyam.

My salutations to Lakshmi and Narayana,
Who are for ever young and parents of the world,
Who presided over the formation of Universe,
And who destroy sorrow and depressed feeling.

Sampath sukhananda vidhyakabhyaam,
Bhaktha vanaa naratha deekshithaabhyaam,
Nithyaam, yuvaabhyaam, nathirasthu Lakshmi,
Narayanabhyam Jagatha Pithrubhyam.

My salutations to Lakshmi and Narayana,
Who are for ever young and parents of the world,
Who grant us wealth, pleasure and joy,
Who both are very anxious to protect devotees.

18.Jyeshta/Kettai/Ketta  Varaha Murthi

Nakshatra  Gayathri

OmHiranya  Garbhaya vidmahe,
Bhoo varahaya  Deemahi
Thanno krodaa Prachodayath

Om Let me meditate  on Hiraya Garbha,
Let God Bhoo Varaha give  me higher intellect
Let Varaha’s bosom illuminate my mind

Prayers

 Deekshanu janmopasada sirodharam,
THwam praayaneeyo dhayaneeya dhamshtra,
Jihwa prayargya sthava seershakam krutho,
Sabhyava sathyam chithayo asavo hi they.

Your repeated incarnations are the offering of oblations to the fire,
And three ishtis called Upasada preceding extraction of Soma constitute your neck,
The prayaniya and the udyaniya ishti done at the end are your tusks,
The Pravargya which is carried out before Upasad is your toungue,
The Sabhava and avasathya fires of the sacrifice are your head,
And the arrangement of bricks in layers for the sacrifice are your vital airs.

Somasthu retha savanaanyava sthithi,
Samshthaa vibhedha sthava deva dhathava,
SAthraani sarvaani sareera sandhi,
Sthwam sarva yagna kruthu rishti bandhana.

Your generative fluid is Soma, your sitting posture,
Are the everyday rites performed thrice a day,
The seven constituents of your body,
Are the seven main sacrifices and your body joints,
Are the satras which are sacrifices carried out for several days,
And like this your entire body are the various parts of a yagna,
And the tendons of your body are the various sacrifices.

!9.Moola/Moolam –Hanuman

Nakshatra  Gayathri

Om Anjana  puthraya  Vidmahe,
Vayu kumaraya deemahi
tHanno  Hanumath prachodayath

Let me meditate on son of anjana,
Let son of Wind God give me higher  intellect,
Let Hanuman illuminate  my mind

Prayers

Akshadhi rakshasa haram, Dasa kanda darpa,
Nirmoolanam, Raghuvarangri saroja bhaktham,
Seetha vishahya Ghana dukha nivarakam tham,
Vayo sutha, galitha bhanu maham namami.

I salute Him, who shines like the Sun,
Who killed Rakshasas like Aksha,
Who destroyed the pride of the ten headed,
Who is the devotee of lotus feet of Rama,
Who removed the great sorrow of Sita,
And who is the son of Wind God.

Maama pasya pasya dayaya nija drushti pathair,
Maam raksha raksha paritho ripu dukha punjaan,
Vasyam kuru trijagatham vasudadhi paanaam,
May dehi dehi mahatheem vasudhaam sriyam cha.

Please see, see me with real feeling of mercy,
Please save, save me from the hands of enemies,
Make my slave the three worlds and their kings,
And please give, give me wealth and fame.

20.Pooradam.Poorvashada  -Uma Maheswara

Nakshatra  Gayathri

Om Sadashivaya  Vidhmahe,
Sarveswaraya  Deemahi,
Thanno Sankara  Prachodayath

Let me meditate  on Sadashiva,
Let the God of all give me  a brighter intellect,
Let Lord  Sankara illuminate my mind

Prayers
Nama Sivabhyam, Nava Youvanabhyam,
Paraspara slishta Vapurtharabhyam,
Nagendra Kanya vrusha Kethabhyam,
Namo Nama Sankara Parvatheebhyam

Salutations to Lord Shiva and Goddess Shivaa,
Who are always in fresh stage of youth,
Who cling to each other in tight embrace,
Of whom one is the daughter of the mountain,
And the other is one whose symbol is a bull,
Salutations and salutations to Lord Sankara
And to that Goddess Parvathy.

Nama Shivaabhyam sarasothsavabhyam,
Namaskruthabheeshta vara prathabhyam,
Narayanenarchitha padukabhyam,
Namo Nama Sankara Parvatheebhyam

Salutations to Lord Shivaand Goddess Shivaa,
Whose playful love is a festival,
Who grant boons to those who salute them,
And whose feet is worshipped by Lord Narayana,
Salutations and salutations to Lord Sankara
And to that Goddess Parvathy.

21. Uthradam/Uthraashada  Ganapathi

Nakshatra  Gayathri

Om Eka danthaya  Vidmahe  ,
Vakra  thundaya deemahi
Thanno danthi  Prachodayath

Let me meditate  on one tusked God ,
Let God   with broken tusk  give me higher  intellect,
Let  God with the tusks  illuminate my mind

Prayers
Pranamya sirasa devam,
Gauri putram, Vinayakam,
Bhakthya vyasa smaren nithya,
Mayu kama artha sidhaye.

The learned one, who wishes,
For more life, wealth and love,
Should salute with his head,
Lord Ganapathi who is the son of Parvathy.

Prathamam Vakra thundam cha,
Ekadantham dveethiyakam,
Trithiyam Krishna pingalaksham,
Gajavakthram Chathurthakam.

Think him first as god with broken tusk,
Second as the God with one tusk,
Third as the one with reddish black eyes,
Fourth as the one who has the face of an elephant.

22.THiruonam/Sravana –Hayagreeva

Nakshatra  Gayathri

Om Aswa roodaaya  vidmahe,
Vageeswaraaya  deemahi,
Thanno  haya  greeva  prachodayath

Let  me meditate God  who rides on a horse 
Let the god of words give me higher  intellect
Let God hAyagreeva illuminate my mind

Prayers
Lasadasya Hayagreeva  lasadhoshtadhvayaruna  ,
Lsada dandavali  shobha  , Haya greeva  Lasad   smitha.

Oh Hayagreeva   with the shining   face  of the horse  ,
Oh God   who are  having   shining red lips  like  the morning sun,
Oh God who has  shining row of teeth, Oh Hayageeva   with a shining  smile.

.Lasad phala  Hayagreeva, lasad kunthala masthaka,
Lasad karna  Hayagreeva, lasan nayana  Pankaja.

Oh Hayagreeva with a shining   forehead, who has shining hair on his head,
Oh Hayagreeva  with a shining ear, who has shining  lotus like eyes.

23.Avittam/Dhanishta-Lord Vishnu

Nakshatra  Gayathri

Om Lakshmi  Vallabhaya  Vidmahe,
Sesha sayanaya  deemahi,
Thanno  Vishnu  pracodayath

Let me meditate  on Consort of Goddess Lakshmi
Let God who sleeps on Sesha give me higher intellect,
Let Lord Vishnu  illuminate my mind

Prayers
Santhakaram Bujaga sayanam Padmanabham suresam,
Viswadharam Gagana sadrusam Megha varnam shubangam
Lakshmi kantham kamala nayanam Yogi hrid dyana gamyam
Vande vishnum bava bhayaharam sava lokaika nadham

I bow before the God Vishnu,
Who is personification of peace,
Who sleeps on his folded arms,
Who has a lotus on his belly,
Who is the God of gods,
Who is the basis of earth,
Who is similar to the sky,
Who is of the colour of the cloud,
Who has beautiful limbs,
Who is the consort of Lakshmi,
Who has lotus like eyes,
Who is seen by saints through thought,
Who kills all worries and fears,
And who is the lord of all the worlds.

Sasanga chakram sakerita kundalam sappeethavastram saraseruhekshanam,
Sahara vaksha sthala shobhi kousthubham namai Vishnum sirasa chaturbhujam

I bow before the God Vishnu,
Who has four arms,
Who has a conch and wheel in his hands,
Who wears a crown and ear globes,
Who wears yellow silks,
Who has lotus like eyes,
Who shines because of Kousthbha ,
Worn in his garlanded chest.

24,CHadayam /Sathabishak  Lord Mrutyunjaya

Nakshatra  Gayathri

Om Mruthyunjayaya  Vidhmahe,
Hema roopaaya deemahi
Thanno Rudra  prajothayaath

Let Me meditate on God Mrutyunjaya,
Let the god with golden form give me higher  intellect
Let Lord Rudra  illuminate my mind

Prayer
Rudram, pasupathim, sthanum, neelakandam, umapathim,
Namami sirasa devam, kim no mrutyu karishyathi.
What can death do to the one,
Who salutes with his head that god,
Who is the angry one,
Who is the lord of all beings,
Who is stable,
Who has a blue neck,
And who is the consort of Uma.
Neelakandam, kalamoorthim kalagnamr kalanasanam,
Namami sirasa devam, kim no mrutyu karishyathi.
What can death do to the one,
Who salutes with his head that god,
Who is having a blue neck,
Who is the form of death,
Who knows paste, present and future,
And who destroyed the god of death.

25.Pororattathi/Poorva Bhadra-Pasupathi

Nakshatra  Gayathri

Om sarvewaraya  Vidmahe  ,
Om Jadadharaya Dheemahi
Thanno Sankara prachodayath

Let me meditate on God of all,
Let God who has matted tuft  give me higher  intellect
Let Lord Sankara  Illuminate my mind

Prayer
Pasupatheendu patheem dharanipatheem,
Bhujaloka patheem cha sathipatheem,
Pranatha bhaktha janarthi haram param,
Bhajatha re manuja girijapatheem. 1

Hey man, pray the lord of the daughter of the mountain,
Who is the lord of all beings,
Who is the lord of the moon,
Who is the lord of the world,
Who is the lord of the universe,
Who is the Lord of Sathi Devi,
And who destroys the sorrows of his devotees.

Na janako, na janani na cha sodharo,
Na thanayona cha bhooribalam kulam,
Avathi kopi na kalavasam gatham,
Bhajatha re manuja girijapatheem.

Hey man, pray the lord of the daughter of the mountain,
For, when you are going to the god of death,
Neither father nor mother nor brother,
Nor sons nor your family with many members,
Can ever save you for sure.

26.Uthrattathi/Uthara Bhadra –Sankara

Nakshatra  Gayathri

Om Bhagawathi Nadhaya  Vidhmahe,
Parameswaraya  deemahi
Thanno Rudra  Prachodayath

Let me  meditate on consort of Parvathi,.
Let The greatest  God give  me higher  intellect,
Let Rudra  Illuminate  my mind

Prayer

Seersha jata gana bharam, garalaharam, samastha samharam,
Sri Kailasa viharam param bhava varidheraham vandhe.

I salute him, who carries a matted lock,
Who wears the garland of serpents,
Who is the destroyer of every thing,
Who lives on mount Kailasa,
And who is the other shore of the ocean of life.

Chandra kalojjwalaphalam kantavyalam jagathrayee palam,
Krutha nara masthakamalam kalam kalasya komalam vande.

I salute him whose forehead,
Is decorated by the crescent,
Who wears the serpent on his neck,
Who looks after the three worlds,
Who wears human skulls as garland,
Who is death to the god of death,
And who is very handsome.

27.Revathi –Srinivasa

Nakshatra  Gayathri

Om Nithya mangalaya vidmhe,
Sathya roopaya  Deemahi
THanno srinivasa  prachodayath

Let me meditate on God who is always auspicious,
Let God with form of truth give me higher intellect
Let God Srinivasa  illuminata  my mind

Prayer
Venkatesho , Vasudeva, pradhyumno , amitha Vikrama,
Sankarshano anirudhascha Seshadri patireva cha.

He is Lord of Venkata mountain , son of Vasudeva , Pradhyumna,
The greatly valorous Sankarshana , Anirudha and the Lord of Seshadri hills.

Janardhana , padmanabho , venkatachala vasana,
Srushti Kartha , jagannatho, Madhavo, Bhaktha vathsala.

He is one who punishes bad people , one with a lotus on his belly,
One who lives in the Venkata mountain, He is the creator ,
Lord of the universe, Lord of knowledge and one who is dear to his devotees.


4 comments:

Upendra Raamanujam said...

Thankyou very much thaatha.
You are a blessing to us.

Upendra Raamanujam said...

Thankyou Thaatha
You are a blessing to us.

faithinapp said...

Nice. power of prayers

Astro Pathshala said...

Thanks for sharing this content, I really appreciate your hard work and intelligence which is clearly seen through your content.
Bharani Nakshatra in Astrology - व्यक्तित्व और स्वभाव