Sunday, June 5, 2016

Shanumka Pathu (Tamil)

Shanumka Pathu

Translated by
P.R.Ramachander

(Devotees of Lord Subrahmanya   walk towards  his temple at Pazhani    and reach there  on Thai poosam day  ,On their way  , every village  they used to conduct Panaka POoja to the God . SDEveral songs  on lord Subrahmanya  are sung then.The tamil songs are  sung In Palakkad tamil .This is one of the songs that are sung  during the Pooja. The devotee  is scared of death and  requests the Lord to remove   fear of death from him.)

1.Aaru mukhavum  pannirandu kayyum  velum,
Alankaaram  aabharanam anintha maarbum  ,
THiru mukhavum   venneru punaintha  meyyum  ,
Jagamellam padaitha   Subrahmanyaa,
Muruga Saravana BHavane   Karthikeyaa,
Mukkannanaar puthirane  Ugra vela ,
Iruvarume unnai paninthom   Pazhani velaa,
Ithu samayam  adiyaarai kathu Rakshippaye  .

Oh Subrahmanya   who created    all the universe,
Who has   six faces  , twelve  hands   and a Vel  ,
And who has a divine face   and a body coated with sacred   ash,
Oh Muruga , Oh Sarvanabhava , Oh Karthikeyaa,
Oh son of three  eyed God, Oh Pazhani vela,
We both are   saluting you ,
And at this time please protect   these  devotees.

2.Mayileri  vilayaadum   Subrahmanyaa  ,
Vadivela un  paadham  Nambinene,
Uyir izhanthu  apakeerthiyaakum   vealai,
Un seyalaal   ithu samayam uyirai  kaathai,
Dhayavaaga  ini melum uyirai kaathu  ,
Shanumugane   adiyen than  thuyaram   theerpaai,
Vaibhogamaana  Pazhani  malai  Velaa,
Varam alithu  uyir  kathu rakshippaye.

Oh Subrahmanya who plays   by climbing on  the peacock,
Oh Vadivela   I believe d in your feet  ,
At  the time when I lose my life   and get   bad fame .
By your act    at this time   you protected  my life  ,
Kindly   from  now on please  protect my life,
Oh Shanmuga , please   destroy the sorrow  of this slave,
Oh Velaa   who    sits on the very great Pazhani mountain,
Please  give me the boon   and protect my  life .

3.Varunthum adiyaar  uyirai  Kaakum deivam,
Vayyakathil ummai  poal veroruvar  illayendru  ,
Arinthu naan  ummai panithen pazhani Vela,
Aadarithu  prana  bhayam   theerumayya,
THirinthu alainthu aaru moondru thingalaaga  ,
Chirai i runthu  thalai poondu chchinnamaanen,
Pulli  mayil  methu yerum  Subrahmanya ,
Para parame  uyir  katthu rakshippaye  .

After  understanding   there is no other  God in heavens ,
Who   saves the souls  of sorrowing   devotees,
Oh Pazhani Vela   I saluted    you,
And so  be  on my side  and remove  my fear  of death,
Wandering and strolling   but  for  the past eighteen months,
I was imprisoned  and   shackled   and  I was torn in pieces,
Oh Subrahmanya    who climbs on the  spotted  peacock,
Oh divine  of divines, Please  protect me by saving my life.

4.Peru vengai puli   piditha  pasuvai poala  ,
Gathi kalangi  manam thalarnthu pulambinoame  ,
Iruvarume  ummai koova   chevi kelaatho,
Ithu samayam  thamasamai  irukkalaamo,
Aruvaagi  , uruvaagi, thanthai thai neeye   aagi,
Kumaresa  prana bhayam theerum ayya  ,
Murugesa   idhu samaym   pazhani vela,
Mun vanthu   uyir kathu rakshippaye  .

Like the Cow    which has been caught  by huge male tiger,
Greatly upset  , with a weakened mind   did we not   cry ,
When  both of us   are calling you together  , did you not hear us?
Should you at this   time    stay   delayed?
After becoming  germ seed  , after taking a form , after you yourself becoming our parentsd
Oh Lord Kumaresa   please   remove the fear of death from me,
Oh Murugesa , at this time  oh Pazhanivela,
Come forward   and protect my soul.

5.Paambin  vaaikku irayathu   therai  poal,
Padhai padhaithu   vaaadukindrom balar   naangal,
THembiye pulambukindrom   thuyaramaagi  thennavane  ,
Un chevikki kelaatho  thaan,
Naan bhoomiyil   unnai nambi  magizhndhirunthen,
THappivara  naayakane   nyayamo  thaan,
Sambashivan  puthirane  Pazhani  vela,
Ithu samayam  uyir kathu   rakshippaye.


Like the frog  which is the food  caught  by mouth of a snake ,
We who are  like children  are   struggling and   fading,
We are crying  sobbing and shouting due to sorrow, Oh God of south,
Does    your ear  not hear   all this,
IN this earth believing in you   I was happy,
Is your escaping me   a just  act  , my Lord,
Oh son of Lord Shiva, Oh Pazhani vela,
At this time protect my soul   and save me.

6.Valayil agapetta   uyirathu poal  thayangukiren,
Vadivela  ithu samayam thuyar theerppai,
Kolai  , kalavu, paathakangal  , vanchanai pilli soonyangal yellam,
Thulayaatha   chiru pini  , noi, vinaikalellam,
Thurathum ayyaa ippothu, Mayilerum Vahanane  ,
Pazhani vela varamalithu uyir kathu  rakshippaye.

I am hesitating like  a  living   being caught  in a net,
Oh Vadivela, at this time , please destroy my  sorrows,
Murder  , robbery crimes  , and lie which were  there ,
Very cruel insinuations  ,  cheating   and black magic acts  by others,
Those incurable   small  sickness  , diseases   and karmas  ,
Would chase  me   now , Oh lord   who rides  on a peacock,
Oh Pazhani vela , please give me boons and protect  my life.

7.Nagamathu  garudanai  kandu  alaintha poale  naan,
BHayanthu   alai thurumbai alaigindrene  ,
Sokamathu   theerathu thavikkum velai,
Shanmukhane   idhu  samayam adiyenukku,
Meghamathu payirkku   udhavi cheitha poale  ,
Velavane   prana bhayayam theerumayya ,
Vegamudan   vara venum Pazhani vela,
Vinai theerthu   uyir kathu rakshippaye.

Like the snake roaming   about when it sees Garuda  ,
I am wandering  and like a   twig  I am wandering  ,
And when I   am suffering due to sorrow  not going away ,
Oh Shanmukha  , it is a proper   time for this slave,
Similar to the help extended by clouds    to crops,
Oh Velava  , please remove this fear of death    from me,
Oh Pazghani , you have   to come   with great speed  ,
Remove my Karmas , guard  my life    and protect me.

8.Poonai kayyil chikkiyathor  kilayai  poale  ,
Pulambukirom   prana bhayam migavaagi,
Naana adimai  , unnai nambiyirukkum  velai  ,
Naayagr paara mukhamai  irukkulaamo,
Maan eendra Valliyammai  , deivaanai  ,
Manavaala , saravanane karunai  seivaai  ,
GHaana  mayil  vaahanane, Pazhani vela  ,
Kadavule  uyir  kathu  rakshippaye.

WE are shouting  due to fear  for death increasing .
Like the parrot  which has  been caught  by a cat,
I am a slave   and at the  time when I am believing you,
Oh Lord  , is it proper for you   to be  indifferent,
Oh consort of Valli   given birth by a deer ,
As well as DEivanai , Oh Saravana  show mercy on me,
Oh Lord who rides on singing peacock, Oh Vela of Pazhani  ,
Oh God   please  protect my soul and   save me.

9.THookil akapetta  uyirathu poal   thudikkirom,
Prana  bhayam migavaagi,
Vendum varam koduppatharkku  aakum deivam vayyakathil,
Ver oruvarum illai endru nambinene  ,
Vendum varam , vinai theerthu  thuyaram theerppai  ,
Velavane  , Soora samhhara   vela,
AAndavane   ummai   paninthm pazhanivela ,
Adiyaarkku  uyir kathu   rakshippaye .

Like the soul  caught  in the noose   struggling,
Due to fear of death  increasing , I believed that ,
IN the heaven there is no other  God ,
Like you to grant    the  boons that  I desire,
My desired boon is   you should  erase the Karma and  remove my sorrow,
Oh Velava  , Oh Vela    who killed   Soora ,
Oh Aandava  , we saluted you  , Oh Pazhani Vela  ,
Please  protect our souls   and protect me.

10.Paarthu ummai  ver oruvar   illai  yendru nambinen,
Varam eendru   vinai   theerthu  , thuyaram theerppai,
THanjam yendru unai paninthen , thiruthanikai vaasaa ,
SAth guruve , yen prana  bhayam theerum ayya,
Vanchakanai  chirai viduthu   thalayai vaangi  ,
Paathakathai   pariharithu   , padame   thanthu,
Paraa  parame   uyir kaathu   rakshippaye .

After   seeing you  , I decided that no one else  there,
Please give me boon , exhaust my karma  and destroy my sorrow  ,
I saluted you saying   that I surrender  to you, Oh Lord  of Thiruthani.
Oh divine  of divines   who  released the cheater from prison  , cut off his head,
Removed   all evils  ,  gave him a position, Please give me life   and save me.

11.Nanju pattu  visham yeri mayangum poale,
Nadu nadungi kidu  kidendru   bhayanthu  naangal,
THanjam yendru unai  paninthom, Pazhani Vela,
Varamalithu   uyir karthu   rakshippaye.

Like getting fainted   after poison  touches and enters the body,
After  great shivering , greatly getting scared   we ,
Saluted   you saying  “we surrender   to you  , Oh Pazhani Vela
Please  give us boon  and protect  our souls.



No comments: