Saturday, July 18, 2009

Ganesa Saranam (Malayalam)

Ganesa Saranam(Malayalam)

Translated by
P.R.Ramachander

(This prayer to Ganesa though of Malayalam has all Sanskrit names except for one name. It is also interesting to note that it is written as a prayer to be sung in Group singing Bhajans.)

Ganesa saranam , saranam Ganesa,
Ganes saranam, Saranam Ganesa. 1

Ganesa protect me, protect me Ganesa,
Ganesa protect me, protect me Ganesa.

Parvathi puthra , saranam Ganesa,
Sankara thanya , saranam Ganesa,
Mooshikavahana , saranam Ganesa,
Ganesa saranam, saraanam Ganesa. 2

Protect me Ganesa, who is son of Parvathi,
Protect me Ganesa, who is son of Lord Shiva,
Protect me Ganesa, who rides on a mouse,
Ganesa protect me, protect me Ganesa.

Anadha rakshaka , saranam Ganesa,
Asritha vathsala, saranam Ganesa,
Vigneswarane saranam Ganesa,
Vignamakathuga, saranam Ganesa. 3

Protect me Ganesa, the savior of orphans,
Protect me Ganesa, the darling of his devotees,
Protect me Ganesa, who removes obstacles,
Protect me Ganesa, remove all obstacles.

Arumuga sodhra , saranam Ganesa,
Akhils jagan maya, saranam Ganesa,
Mohini suthane, saranam Ganesa,
Moha vinasaka, saranam Ganesa. 4

Protect me Ganesa, the brother of Subrahmanya,
Protect me Ganesa, who is every where in this world,
Protect me Ganesa, the son of Mohini,
Protect me Ganesa, the destroyer of passion.

Narada sevitha, saranam Ganesa,
Naraka vinasana , saranam Ganesa,
Vedhiya nadha, saranam Ganesa,
Veda porule, saranam Ganesa. 5

Protect me Ganesa, who is served by Narada,
Protect me Ganesa, who destroys hell,
Protect me Ganesa, the Lord of Brahmins,
Protect me Ganesa, the essence of Vedas.

Pavana murthe, saranam Ganesa,
Pahi namasthe , saranam Ganesa,
Girivara nilaya, saranam Ganesa,
Gajanana he, saranam Ganesa. 6

Protect me Ganesa, the lord of the holy,
Protect me Ganesa, I salute you , look after me,
Protect me Ganesa, Who lives in Kailasa,
Protect me Ganesa, who killed Gajamukasura

Kali kaleswara, saranam Ganesa,
Kanmasha nasana, saranam Ganesa,
Ganesa saranam , saranam Ganesa,
Ganes saranam, Saranam Ganesa. 7

Protect me Ganesa, the lord of the kali age,
Protect me Ganesa, who destroys all ills,
Ganesa protect me, protect me Ganesa,
Ganesa protect me, protect me Ganesa.

No comments: