Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hanumath Stotram

Hanumath stotram
(Prayer to Hanuman)
Translated by
P.R.Ramachander


Akshadhi rakshasa haram, Dasa kanda darpa,
Nirmoolanam, Raghuvarangri saroja bhaktham,
Seetha vishahya Ghana dukha nivarakam tham,
Vayo sutha, galitha bhanu maham namami. 1

I salute Him, who shines like the Sun,
Who killed Rakshasas like Aksha,
Who destroyed the pride of the ten headed,
Who is the devotee of lotus feet of Rama,
Who removed the great sorrow of Sita,
And who is the son of Wind God.

Maama pasya pasya dayaya nija drushti pathair,
Maam raksha raksha paritho ripu dukha punjaan,
Vasyam kuru trijagatham vasudadhi paanaam,
May dehi dehi mahatheem vasudhaam sriyam cha. 2

Please see, see me with real feeling of mercy,
Please save , save me from the hands of enemies,
Make my slave the three worlds and their kings,
And please give , give me wealth and fame.

Aapadbhyo raksha sarvathra, aanjaneya namosthuthe,
Bandhanam cchedhaya muktha kapi varya , namosthuthe. 3

Salutations to son of Anjana, please always save me from danger,
Salutations o the great monkey, please cut of my bondage and release me.

May dehi sampadho nithyam trilochana, namosthuthe,
Dushta rogaan hana hana Rama dhootha namosthuthe. 4

Salutations to the three eyed one, please daily save from dangers,
Salutations to the emissary of Rama, kill, kill serious diseases.

Uchataya ripoon sarvaan, mohanam kuru bhoobhujaam,
Vidweshino maaraya thwam trinethrathmaka sarvada. 5

Always, Cast spell on all my enemies, make all kings love me,
And Kill all those who hate me, Oh, son of three eyed one.

Sanjeeva parvathoddhara, mama dukhaan nivaraya,
Ghoraan upadhravan nasaya, Aksha suranthaka. 6

He who carried sanjeevini mountain, please remove my sorrows,
Killer of the asura called Aksha, destroy awesome troubles.

Markatesa mahothsaha, Sarva soka vinasaka,
Sathroon samhara maam raksha, sriyam dathwacha maam hara. 7

Lord of all monkeys who is exuberant, kill all my sorrows,
Save me by killing all my enemies and protect me by giving wealth.

Evam sthuthwa hanumantham, nara sradha samanwitha,
Puthra pouthradhi sahitha, sarvaan kamaan vapunuyath. 8

If men pray Lord Hanuman thus with devotion,
He would realize all his wishes along with his sons and grandsons.

No comments: