Thursday, February 22, 2018

Chant and Meditate on Ganesa Gayatri and lead a life devoid of obstacles


Chant and Meditate on Ganesa Gayatri and lead a life devoid of obstacles

By
P.R.Ramachander



Lord  Ganesa (Ganapathi)  is the manasika Puthra  of Goddess Parvathi.She actually created him   so that he wil guard her .When he prevented Lord Shiva  from entering Parvathi’s home , Lord Shiva cut off  his head .But when Goddess got very sad  , he replaced his head with an elephant’s head.He  is considered as remover of all obstacles, all over India and before   starting anything people worship him first  .He is worshipped   as God of Education/knowledge  in Karnataka. In most of  South India , he is considered as unmarried and in most of North India, he is worshipped  along with his two wives Riddhi and Sidhi. Vinayaka  Chathurthi  is celebrated  as a public function , in which He is installed   , worshipped    and later on left  in  either sea or river or  pond.. His favourite  food is MOdhakas   as well as Coconuts
    You have to meditate  on his Gayatri manthras   for   removing all obstacles  on your way   or to get successful in anything  that you attempt . Here are  few Gayathri manthras  with meaning  dedicated to him May  that great God bless  you all and make  your life devoid of obstacles :-
Sri Ganesa Gayathri

Om Lambhodaraya vidmahe
Mahodaraya deemahi
Thanno danthi prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on that god with broad paunch
Oh, God with a big belly, give me higher intellect,
And let the elephant faced one illuminate my mind.

Or
Om Ekadanthaya  Vidmahe  ,
Vakra thundaya  Dheemahi
Thanno danthi prachodayath

Om let  me meditate on God with one tusk,
Oh God with curved tusk , give me higher intellect
And let the elephant faced one illuminate my mind.

Or
Om   vakra danthaya  Vidmahe  ,
Lambodaraya   Dheemahi
Thanno Ganesa  prachodayath

Om let  me meditate on God with  curved tusk,
Oh God with huge paunch , give me higher intellect
And let the leader of ganas  illuminate my mind.

Or
Om   mooshika  vahanaya  Vidmahe  ,
Modha hasthaya  Dheemahi
Thanno Vigna   prachodayath

Om let  me meditate on God who rides on a mouse
Oh God who holds modhaka in his hand  , give me higher intellect
And let the remover of obstacles  illuminate my mind.


No comments: