Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Sri Jagadguru Maha Periyava Kavacham


Sri Jagadguru  Maha Periyava  Kavacham

BY
Geethagiri

Translated  by
P.R.Ramachander

Image result for maha periyava kavacham

 (You can see  the tamil   version of this Kavacham in    https://mahaperiyavaa.blog/2014/11/17/sri-jagadguru-kavacham/)
Kaappu
Protection

Ulagathin    guru thannai   uruvaakki  thandhitta,
Ulagathin  mudhalone   Omkara  Ganapathiye,
Ulagathin  nalam kaakka  uruvaana  “Guru Kavacham”
Ulakathin   maanthar tham  ulam    chera  nee arulvai

Oh  primeval  lord  of the world , Omkara Ganapathi,
Who created  the Guru  of the world   and gave us,
Please  bless us so that  , “This   Guru’s armour”
Reaches   the mind of people   of the world.

1.Jaya Jaya  SAnkara  , Hara, Hara  SAnkara,
Hara hara  SAnkara  , Jaya  Jaya  SAnkara

Hail , hail SAnkara, Hara Hara SAnkara,
Hara hara  SAnkara  , Hail, hail  SAnkara

2.Guruve saranam  , Guruve saranam,
Thiruve Arulin  Uruve   Saranam

Oh Guru I surrender  , Oh Guru   I surrender,
Oh prosperity , form of grace  , I surrender

3.Deiva kurale   thiruvadi Saranam,
Meimai  kundre , Meloi Saranam,
Deiva kurale   thiruvadi Saranam,
Meimai  kundre , Meloi Saranam,

Oh voice  of God  , I surrender  at your feet,
Oh  mountain of truth, Oh  great one, I surrender,
Oh voice  of God  , I surrender  at your feet,
Oh  mountain of truth, Oh  great one, I surrender

4.SAnkara  peedathin  Sathiya jnani ,
Mangalam  Tharuga  , Maname  Varuga

Oh truly wise one   of SAnkara  Peeda,
Give me auspiciousness, Come oh mind

J5.akathinai kaakkum Jagadguru varuga,
Mukthinai   thaanum  mun vanthu  Kaakka.

Oh Jagath guru    who protects the world, please come,
Please come forward   and protect my face.

6.Kankal  irandayum  , kanaka  Muni kaakka,
Kanivudam yem nethi, Karunai  Guru Kaakaa

May  the  golden sage protect both my  eyes,
With tenderness may The kind Guru  protect my forehead

7.Naavil amarnthu   Nar guru  kaakka,
Paavil  magizhndhu  parkalai  kaakka

Let  the good  guru sit on my  tongue   and protect,
Let him become happy with my poems and protect my teeth

8.Chevikal  irandayum     Sivanadi  Kaakka,
Bhuviyin Guruve    Nasiyai  kaakka

Let the feet of Lord Shiva  protect both my ears,
Let   the Guru of the world  protect my nose

9.THalaimai  Guruve, thalayinai  Kaakka,
Thava muni yendrum  puruvangal kaakka

Let the  Head Guru , protect my head,
Let  the sage of penance   protect by eye brows

10.Kalaikalin jnani   kazhuthinai kaakka,
Tholkal   irandum     thooyon kaakka

Let he who knows the arts  protect my neck,
Let the pure one protect my   shoulders

11.THunbam pokki  thunaye  THaruga,
Onbathu kolum un arulaale,
Uyarvai   yendrum  yemmai   kaakka,
Marbai   yendrum mamuni   kaaka

Remove  my sorrows  and give me help,
Let the nine planets due to your  grace,
Be  strong   and protect    us,
Let the great sage always  protect my chest

12.Kar  mukhil jnani   kaikalai  kaakka
Iduppai , vayithai   yem guru kaakka,

Let   the wise sage   protect my hands,
Let our guru protect  our hips and belly

13,Idukkan yaavum neekki  kaakka,
Muthukai   yendrum muzhu muni  kaakka

Let him remove all over   problems and protect us,
Let the complete   sage   protect our back

14.Muthumaikkarasan   muththum kaakka,
Muzhankalkal  thanai    muni guru  kaakka

Let the  king of old age   protect us completely,
Let the sage  Guru   protect our knees

15.Vazhangum arulaal  vala thodai  kaakka,
Innarul purinthu ida  thodai kaakka

Let the grace he gives protect the right thigh,
Doing seet grace  let him protect   the left thigh

16.Ninnarul endrum  kalkalai  kakka,
Padamirandum  parama guru  kaakka

Always let your grace protect my legs,
Let The  Parama guru  protect our feet

17.Vedathin  uruve  vinaikalai   theerkka,
Yethanai pizhaikal    cheithirunthalum,
Athanyum thaan poruthe  kaakka,
Pithan  cheitha  kuraikal yel;lam,
Chithan neeye chirithe  kaakka,
Kula guru   yengal kudumbam kaakka

Oh form of Vedas   remove all our Karmas,
However much mistakes  I have done,
Please  please pardon and protect me,
Let all the shortages created  by God,
You  the magician may protect  it laughing,
May the clan Guru  protect our family.

18.Nalamudan  Naalum nallarul  puriga,
Dandam yenthum   Thathuva jnanani

Along with comfort   let good blessings be given,
By the  philosopher holding     the staff

19.Gandam    vanthaal  kanivudan kaakka,
Vilvamum    thulasiyum   virumbidum devan

When great problems come, please protect with mercy,
The god who likes  Vilva and Thul;asi  leaves.

20.Pala   vidha varangal  Bhaktharukku   arulga,
Chemmaio uduthum   jeevan yendrum

May many type of boons be given to devotees,
The Soul  who daily wears the ochre   robe.

21.Yimmai marumai   irandilum  kaakka,
Manayinil    yendrum    mangalam peruka

Let   protection be given in this and the other world,
And let  auspiciousness   ebb in the home

22.Mathava  Jnani magizhvai  arulka,
Manaivi  kuzhanthaikal   magizhvai vaazha

Let the wise person    with great penance bless ,
That wife and children to live happily

23.Maraikalin devan   maanbudan arulga,
Pesum mozhiyaal   perumai koora.

Let the deva of Vedas tell with respect,
To  tell about greatness  of language   we talk

24.Pillai ullamm kondai   arulka,
Kasum panavum kaikalil  chera

Let  the one with child like heart bless,
That money and wealth   should accumulate  in our hands

25.Kannil  theriyum deivam arulga,
Cheyyum  thozhilkal  chirapppai  vilanga

Let the  God whom we can see with our eyes bless,
That the job we do    should shine    well

26.Siva neri chelvar  cheerai arulka,
Uyyum vaazhvil  unmaikal   thulanga

Let the great one  who follows  Shiva’s teaching bless,
That truth should shine in the life   that we lead

27.Ulaga guruve  uvanthu kaakka,
Yethirikal  vanthu   idarkal tharaamal

Let FGuru of the world  happily  protect,
So that enemies  do not come and give trouble.

28.Yethirinil vanthu yem guru Kaakka,
Vidu, vidu  , vidu   yena  vinaikal oda

Let the  Guru who came in our front protect,
So that Karma runs away   leaving, leaving us

29.gidu, gidu, gidu   yena keethikal kooda,
Advaithathin oliuye  arulga

Let the light of Advaitha   bless,
For fame   to I ncrease  with speed.

30.Arulum porulum tharuka, tharuka,
Vizhuppuram thanil avatharitha guru

May  blessing and wealth  be given,
By the  Guru born in Vizhuppuram

31.Virumbiye    yemmai   yendrum kaakka,
Sivanai  pothum  sennira  udayon

With willingness  always protect me,
The red clothed one who praises Lord shiva

32.Chelvam yaavum  cheeraai tharuga,
Malai  poththum Mathava   selva

Please give all the wealth  properly,
Oh Saint who does great  penance who  makes God  wear the garland

33.Manithan Vaazhum neriyai   cholka,
Kalanai vellum  kani varam   tharuga

Please tell us the way that  man has to live,
Please give me boon to win over death

34.Kaladiyil thaan pugalidam  tharuga,
Vadham pitham   yenum pala noigal
Vandhe  yemmai anda vidaamal ,
Vedam kaakkum   vimalan  Kaakka

Please give me a place below your feet(in Kaladi)
Let the many diseases  of gas and anemia,
Come and not  come near me,
Let the pure one who protects the Vedas  protect me

35.Vizhuiporule  un vizhikal  kaakka,
Pinikal  yemmai  paththi viodaamal

Oh liberated one let your eyes,
Protect me from diseases  approaching me

36.Pani cheyyum  Paramachariyaar   Kaakkka,
Kamakshiyaval  karunai    cheitha,
Kaliyuga deivam , karpinai kaakka,
Chandra   Shekara  Saraswathi  Guruve

Let the Parmarcharys who works protect,
The God   who is the God of Kali age,
Blessed by Kamkashi, protect my virtue
Oh Guru   Chandra Shekara  Saraswathi

37.Saranam, saranm , sarnam, saranam,
Manthiram yellaam chernthidum   uruve

I surrender, surrender   and surrender,
Oh Form in  which all  manthras merge

38.Malaradi saranm , saranam, sarnam,
Kaladi devan peedam   amarnthoi.

I surrender, surrender to the flower like feet,
Oh Saint who sat in  thE peeda of God of Kaladi

39.Kaladi saranam, saranam, sarnam ,
Kavalaikal yellaam theerthida varuvai,
Karunai kadale   Tharuvai, varuvai

I surrender, surrender  , Surrender to your feet(to Kaladi)
Come remove all my worries,
Oh ocean of mercy please give, please come

40.Yaathum arivaai  , yaga kanale,
Othum yenthan  ullam   varuvai

You know everything, the fire of Yaga,
Please come to my heart    which chants

41.Poonchirakaale  pullinam aadum,
Kanchiyil vaazhum  kanimukhan saranam

With flower like wings   the birds  would dance,
I surrender  too  the one with merciful face  who lives in Kanchi

42.Iynthu  irupathu   aandukal   kadantha  ,
Aananda  Vadive  adiyen saranam

Oh joyful form who has  crossed,
Hundred years  , This slave  surrenders  to you

43.Jagad  Guru neeye  Kavacham, Kavacham,
Jaya Jaya sankara  Saranam, saranam

Oh Jagadguru, you are  the armour  , yyou are the armour,
Hail, hail, Sankara  , I surrender, I surrender

44.Hara hara   Sankara  Saranam  SAranam

Hara hara  SAnkara , I surrender  I surrender

No comments: