Friday, July 17, 2009

Durga Sthuthi (Hindi)

Shri Durga Stuti
Translated by
P.R.Ramachander

(Here is a heartwarming and popular prayer addressed to Durga)

Miti Ka Tan Huaa Pavitra, Ganga Ke Asnan Se ,
Ant Karan Ho Jaye Pavitra, Jagadambe Ke Dhyan Se . 1

The body made of mud became holy, by the bathing in Ganga,
And let the mind become holy, by the meditation on holy mother.

Sarve Mangal Mangalye, Shive Sarvarth Sadhike,
Sharanye Trambake Gauri, Narayani Namo Stute. 2

Hey the power behind Shiva,
Who makes all good things happen,
Who grants all boons,
I bow before you,
She who is the creator, organizer and destroyer,
My salutations to you Narayani.

Shakti Shakti Do Mujhe, Karoon Tumhara Dhyan ,
Path Nirvignya Ho Tera, Mera Ho Kalyan . 3

Please give me strength ,
So that I will meditate on you,
Let your path be without obstacles,
And let good come to me.

Hridya Sinhasan Par Aa, Betho Meri Maa ,
Suno Vinay Mam Din Ki, Jag Janani Vardan . 4

Come on the throne of mind,
And please take your seat there, mother,
Please hear my entreaties for today,
And give me blessings, Oh universal mother

Sundar Deepak Ghee Bhara, Karoon Aaj Tayaar,
Gyan Ujala Maa Karo, Metto Moh Andhkaar . 5

I will make ready a pretty lamp,
Filled with ghee today,
Please light the lamp of wisdom,
And put an end to darkness.

Chandra Surya Ki Roshni, Chamke Chaman Akhand ,
Sab Mein Vyapak Tej Hai, Jwala Ka Prachand . 6

The light of sun and moon.
Shines only in the wide, wide sky,
But in everything and every one is spread,
Your light which is very great.

Jwala Jag Janani Meri, Raksha Karo Humesh,
Dur Karo Maa Ambike, Mere Sabhi Kalesh . 7

Oh my universal mother,
Please take care of me always,
Oh mother Ambika, drive away,
All my worries and problems.

Shradha Aur Vishwas Se, Teri Jyot Jalaoon ,
Tera Hi Hai Aashra, Tere Hi Gun Gaoon . 8

With belief and attention,
I will light your lamp,
For me you are the only protection,
And I will sing about your good qualities.

Teri Adhabhut Gaat Ko, Padhoon Mein Nischay Dhar,
Sakshat Darshan Karoon, Tere Jagat Aadhar . 9

I would definitely read,
Your wonderful story,
And would see for myself,
Your land of support.

Man Chanchal Se Baat Ke, Samay Jo Aogun Hoye ,
Dati Apni Daya Se, Dhyan Na Dena Koye . 10

I am talking to you with a disturbed mind,
When the time comes for me,
By the help of your mercy,
I should not have any other thought except you.

Main Anjan Malin Man, Na Jano Koi Rit ,
At Pat Vani Ko Hi Maa, Samjho Meri Prit . 11

I am an ignorant sinner, mother,
I do not know any rituals,
If I only read your praise, Oh mother,
Please consider me your dear.


Chaman Ke Aogun Bahot Hai, Karna Nahi Dhyan .
Sinhvahini Maa Ambike, Karo Mera Kalyan . 12

Though there are too many faults with me,
Do not think about them but,
Oh Mother Ambika, who rides on a lion,
Bless me with all that is good.

Dhanya Dhanya Maa Ambike, Shakti Shiva Vishal,
Angh Angh Mein Rum Rahi, Dati Din Dayal . 13

Oh Blessed and blessed mother Ambike,
Oh that great Shakthi with Shiva,
Be in Each and every cell of mine,
For you take mercy on the oppressed.

No comments: