Saturday, July 18, 2009

Manikanda Sthuthi

Mani Kanda Sthuthi
(Prayer to Mani Kanda)
Translated by
P.R.Ramachander

(Lord Ayyappa was found by the king of Pandalam in the forest as a small baby. At that he was wearing a gem tied to a string on his neck, so the king called the baby Mani Kandan. This prayer is addressed to Lord Ayyappa)

Bhootha nadha, , Dayambhudhe,
Bhuvanadhi Nayaka, Pahi maam,
Bhoothalakhila pala , nirmama,
Sarma dayaka, Pahi maam. 1

Lord of all beings, sea of mercy,
Lord of all worlds, please save me,
Ruler of all earth, one who does not
Have selfishness, giver of pleasure, please save me.

Bhoothi poorna, surendra vanditha,
Sadhu rakshaka, pahi maam,
Bhoothi bhooshana , bhoori bhavuka ,
Bhootha sevitha pahi maam. 2

He who is the complete pleasure, one saluted by Indra,
He who saves poor people, please save me,
One who uses ash as ornament, one who gives abundant blessing ,
One who is served by bhoothas, please save me.

Aadhi nayaka, veda varnitha, nithya,
Nishkala, nirmala, Pahi maam,
Modha dayaka , dheena vathsala ,
Deva vandhitha paduka, Pahi maam. 3

Primeval lord, Lord described by Vedas, one who is perennial,
One without stains, one who is clear, please save me,
One gives pleasure, one who likes depressed people,
One whose feet are worshipped by devas, please save me.

Nadha ranjitha, pada sevaka,
Bhaktha pala , krupaalaya, pahi maam,
Kheda bhanjana , manju roopa ,
Miranjana prabha, pahi maam. 4

One who loves music, One who takes care
Of devotees serving his feet, temple of mercy, please save me,
One who cuts off sorrow, one who has a pretty mien,
One who shines of truth , please save me

Bhaktha manasa raja hamsa , samastha
Bhaktha vasamkara, pahi maam,
Nithyamuktha, nithantha bandhura ,
Bandha mochana, nisthoola, pahi maam. 5

The royal swan in the mind of devotees,
One who can be influenced by all devotees, please save me,
One who is perennially free of ties, Always pleasing,
One who frees from ties, One who is very great, please save me.

Sathya dharma hithangarachyutha ,
Sankara,pahi maam,
Nishthoola prabha, veera thunga-,
Thuranga vahana, pahi maam. 6

Lord Vishnu who comforts the mind with
Truth and dharma and Lord Shiva, please save me,
God with unmatched brilliance , one who rides
On the valorous and lofty horse, please save me.

Mara maraka veera nandana ,
Deva raja supoojitha , pahi maam,
Saramanasa sarasasana nandaneeya ,
Suravana , pahi maam, 7

The valorous son of Him who killed god of love,
God who is worshipped by Indra, please save me,
God with the firm mind, The son of Lord Vishnu,
God who lives in forest, please save me.

Ghora satrava sangha dandana vethra
Hastha, Bhayapaha,pahi maam,
Dheerasan mani kanda , paditha
Mandalarchitha, Pahi maam. 8

God whose hand punishes groups of terrible enemies,
God who removes fear, please save me.
Valorous God who wears a bead on his neck,
God who is worshipped by learned for forty days, save me.

Pahi mam bhava bhanjana Priya,
Manju bhashana pahi maam,
Pahi maam mahishee madhapaha,
Narthana Priya Pahi maam, 9

Please save me , Oh God who likes people who cut off the ties of birth,
Please save me , Oh God who has very sweet pleasing speech.
Please save me , Oh God who stole the pride of Mahishi,
Please save me , Oh God who likes to dance.

Pahi mam paramathmaka bodhaka,
Dharma saasana , pahi maam
Pahi maam nikhilamayardhana ,
Bhootha nayaka , Pahi maam. 10

Please save me, Oh God who teaches about the ultimate God,
Please save me , Oh God who is a just ruler,
Please save me , Oh God who is the neighbor for the entire world,
And please save me, Oh God, who is the ;lord of all beings.

No comments: