Friday, July 17, 2009

Maha Lakshmi Stotram

Maha Lakshmi Stotram
Translated by
P.R.Ramachander
(Lakshmi is the goddess of wealth. Wealth does not mean only money or assets in Hinduism. It has several aspects. Goddess Lakshmi divides herself into several such aspects to grace the devotee. This prayer is to 15 such aspects of Goddess Lakshmi.)

Adhi Lakshmi namosthesthu,
Para brahma swaroopini,
Yaso dehi, danam dehi,
Sarva Kamamscha dehi mey. 1

I salute Adhi* Lakshmi,
Who is personification of eternal truth.
Please give me fame, give me wealth,
And also fulfill all my desires.
*Primeval

Santhana Lakshmi namosthesthu,
Puthra pouthra pradayini,
Puthraan dehi, danam dehi,
Sarva kamamscha dehi mey. 2

I salute Santhana* Lakshmi,
Who grants sons and grand sons.
Please give me sons and wealth,
And also fulfill all my desires.
* children

Vidhya Lakshmi namosthesthu,
Brahma vidhya swaroopini,
Vidhyam dehi, kalam dehi,
Sarva kamamscha dehi mey. 3

I salute Vidhya* Lakshmi,
Who is personification of eternal knowledge.
Give me learning, give me arts,
And also fulfill all my desires.
* Education

Dhana Lakshmi namosthesthu
Sarva daridrya nasini,
Danam dehi , sriyam dehi,
Sarva kamamscha dehi mey. 4

I salute Dhana* Lakshmi,
Who destroys all types of poverty,
Give me wealth, Give me opulence,
And also fulfill all my desires.
* wealth

Danya Lakshmi namosthesthu.
Sarvaabharana bhooshithe,
Danyam dehi, danam dehi,
Sarva kamamscha dehi mey. 5

I salute Danya* Lakshmi,
Who wears all type of ornaments.
Please give me cereals and wealth,
And also fulfill all my desires.
* grain

Medha Lakshmi namosthesthu,
Kali kalmasha naasini,
Pragnaam dehi, sriyam dehi,
Sarva kamamscha dehi mey. 6

I salute Medha* Lakshmi,
Who destroys even effects of kali.
Give me knowledge and wealth,
And also fulfill all my desires.
* wisdom

Gaja Lakshmi namosthesthu,
Sarva deva swaroopini,
Aswam cha gokulam dehi,
Sarva kamamscha dehi mey. 7

I salute Gaja* Lakshmi,
Who is personification of all gods.
Give me horses and hoards of cattle,
And also fulfill all my desires.
*elephant

Veera Lakshmi namosthesthu,
Para shakthi swaroopini,
Veeryam dehi, balam Devi,
Sarva kamamscha dehi mey. 8

I salute Veera* Lakshmi,
Who is personification of eternal power.
Give me heroism and strength,
And also fulfill all my desires.
* heroism

Jaya Lakshmi namosthesthu,
Sarva karya jaya pradhe,
Jayam dehi, shubham dehi,
Sarva kamamscha dehi mey. 9

I salute Jaya* Lakshmi,
Who is victory in all matters.
Give me victory and good,
And also fulfill all my desires.
* victory

Bhagya Lakshmi namosthesthu,
Soumangalya vivardhani,
Bhagyam dehi, sriyam dehi,
Sarva kamamscha dehi mey. 10

I salute Bhagya* Lakshmi,
Who grants holiness ,
Please give me luck and wealth,
And also fulfill all my desires
* luck

Keerthi Lakshmi namosthesthu,
Vishnu vaksha sthala sthithe,
Keerthim dehi, sriyam dehi,
Sarva kamamscha dehi mey. 11

I salute Keerthi* Lakshmi,
Who resides on the chest of Vishnu.
Please give me fame and wealth,
And also fulfill all my desires.
* fame


Aarogya Lakshmi namosthesthu,
Sarva roga nivaarini,
Ayur dehi, sriyam dehi,
Sarva kamamscha dehi mey. 12

I salute Aarogya* Lakshmi,
Who cures all diseases.
Please give me long life and wealth,
And also fulfill all my desires.
*Health

Sidha Lakshmi namosthesthu,
Sarva sidhi pradhayani,
Sidhim dehi, sriyam dehi,
Sarva kamamscha dehi mey. 13

I salute Sidha* Lakshmi,
Who grants all occult powers.
Please give me occult powers and wealth,
And also fulfill all my desires.
*Occult powers

Soundarya Lakshmi namosthesthu,
Sarvalangara shobithe,
Roopam dehi sriyam dehi,
Sarva kamamscha dehi mey. 14

I salute Soundarya* Lakshmi,
Who shines with all types of decoration.
Please give me beauty and wealth,
And also fulfill all my desires.
* beauty

Samrajya Lakshmi namosthesthu,
Bhukthi mukthi pradhayani,
Moksham dehi sriyam dehi.
Sarva kamamscha dehi mey. 15

I salute Samrajya* Lakshmi,
Who provides independence and salvation.
Please give me salvation and wealth,
And also fulfill all my desires.
* kingdom

Mangale mangaladhre,
Mangalye mangalapradhe,
Mangalartham mangalesi,
Mangalyam dehi mey sada. 16

Oh Goddess who is good, who is the basis of good,
Who forever lives with her husband and who does good,
For the sake of good, Oh goddess who does good,
Always give long life to my husband.

Sarva mangala mangalye, Shive, sarvartha sadhake,
Saranye triambike Gowri narayani namosthuthe. 17

Oh Goddess who is a giver of all good things, who is peaceful,
Who is a giver of all wealth, who can be relied upon,
Who has three eyes and who is golden in colour,
Our salutations to you, Narayani

Shubham bhavathu kalyani ayur arogya sampadham,
Mama shathru vinaasaya, deepa jyothi namo nama. 18

Salutations and salutations to the flame of the lamp,
Let all good things happen, let us have long life with health,
And please destroy all my enemies.

No comments: