Friday, July 17, 2009

Mahalakshmi Sthuthi

Sree Mahalakshmi Sthuthi
(Prayer to Goddess Mahalakshmi)
Translated by
P.R.Ramachander

(Mahalakshmi was born out of the ocean of milk .She was chosen as his consort by Lord Vishnu. He also gave her place to stay on his chest as a mole-Sri Vatsam. She is the goddess of prosperity. Since prosperity has many aspects, people who want aspect of prosperity, choose to worship Lakshmi of that aspect. For example, a poor man worships Dhana (Wealth) Lakshmi; soldier worships Veera (Valour) Lakshmi, king Worships Vijaya (victory) Lakshmi and so on. This prayer addresses 15 different aspects of the goddess Mahalakshmi)


Aadhi Lakshmi namosthestu , para brahma swaroopini,
Yaso dehi , danam dehi , sarva kamascha dehi may. 1

Salutations to the Aadhi Lakshmi, who has the form of Brahmam,
Give me fame, Give me wealth and fulfill all my wishes.
(aadhi-primeval)

Santhana Lakshmi namosthesthu , puthra pouthra pradhayini,
Puthran dehi, danam dehi, sarva kamscha dehi may. 2

Salutations to Santana Lakshmi, who is the giver of children and grand children,
Give me children, Give me wealth and fulfill all my wishes.
(Santhanam-children)

Vidhya Lakshmi namosthesthu , Brahma vidhya swaroopini,
Vidhyam dehi, kalam dehi , sarva kamascha dehi may. 3

Salutations to Vidhya Lakshmi, personification of knowledge of Brahman,
Give me education , Give me arts and fulfill all my wishes.
(Vidhya-Education)

Dhana Lakshmi namosthesthu, sarva daridrya nasini,
Dhanam dehi, sriyam dehi , sarva kamascha dehi may. 4

Salutations to Dhana Lakshmi, who destroys all poverty,
Give me wealth, Give me fame and fulfill all my wishes.
(Dhanam-Wealth/money)

Dhanya Lakshmi Namosthesthu, Sarva abharana bhooshithe,
Danyam dehi, danam dehi , sarva kamascha dehi may. 5

Salutations to Dhanya Lakshmi, who wears all ornaments,
Give me grains, Give me wealth and fulfill all my wishes.
(Dhanyam-Grain)

Medha Lakshmi namosthesthu , kali kalmasha nasini,
Pragnam dehi, sriyam dehi, Sarva kamamscha dehi may. 6

Salutations to Medha Lakshmi , who cures ills of Kali age,
Give me realization, give me fame and fulfill all my wishes.
(Medha-Intellect)

Gaja Lakshmi namosthesthu , sarva deva swaroopini,
Aswamscha gokulam dehi, sarva kamascha dehi may. 7

Salutations to Gaja Lakshmi, who is the form of all devas,
Give me horses and cattle and fulfill all my wishes.
(Gajam-Elephant)

Veeralashmi Namosthesthu parashakthi roopini,
Veeryam dehi balam dehi, sarva kamascha dehi may. 8


Salutations to Veera Lakshmi , who is the form of Parvathi,
Give me valour , give me strength and fulfill all my wishes.
(Veeram-valour)

Jaya Lakshmi namosthesthu, sarva karya jaya pradhe,
Jayam dehi, shubham dehi, sarva kamascha dehi may. 9

Salutations to Jaya Lakshmi , Who gives victory in all actions,
Give me victory, Give me good things and fulfill all my wishes.
(Jayam-Victory)

Bhagya Lakshmi namosthesthu Soumanglya vivardhani,
Bhagyam dehi sriyam dehi sarva kamascha dehi may. 10

Salutations to Bhagya Lakshmi , who increases duration of married life
Give me luck, Give me wealth and fulfill all my wishes.
(Bhagyam-luck)

Keerthi Lakshmi namosthesthu , Vishnu vaksha sthala sthithe,
Keerthim dehi, sriyam dehi, dehi sarva kamascha dehi may. 11

Salutations to Keerthi Lakshmi, who exists on the chest of Vishnu,
Give me fame, Give me wealth and fulfill all my wishes.
(Keerthi-fame)

Arogya Lakshmi namosthesthu, Sarva roga nivarini,
Ayur dehi, sriyam dehi, dehi sarva kamascha dehi may. 12

Salutations to Arogya Lakshmi, Who cures all diseases,
Give me long life, Give me wealth and fulfill all my wishes.
(Arogyam-health)

Sidha Lakshmi namosthesthu, sarva sidhi pradhayini,
Sidhim dehi, sriyam dehi, sarva kamamscha dehi may. 13

Salutations to Sidha Lakshmi, who grants all powers,
Give me powers, Give me wealth and fulfill all my wishes.
(Sidhi-Occult powers)

Soundarya Lakshmi Namosthesthu, sarvalangara shobhithe,
Roopam dehi, sriyam dehi, sarva kamamscha dehi may. 14

Salutations to Soundarya Lakshmi, Who shines with all decorations,
Give me attractive form, Give me wealth and fulfill all my wishes.
(Soundaryam-beauty)

Samrajya Lakshmi namosthestu , bhukthi, mukthi pradayini,
Moksham dehi, sriyam dehi, sarva kamamscha dehi may. 15

Salutations to Samrajya Lakshmi, who grants devotion and salvation,
Give me salvation, Give me wealth and fulfill all my wishes.
(Samrajyam-kingdom)

Mangale, mangaladhare, mangalye , mangalapradhe,
Mangalartham mangalesi, mangalyam dehi may sada. 16

Do-gooder, who carries good tidings, she who is good , she who causes good,
For the sake of good, Goddess of good, give me always what is good.

Sarva mangala mangalye, Shive, sarvartha sadhake,
Saranye triambike Gowri narayani namosthuthe. 17

Oh Goddess who is a giver of all good things, who is peaceful,
Who is a giver of all wealth, who can be relied upon,
Who has three eyes and who is golden in colour,
Our salutations to you, Narayani

Shubham bhavathu kalyani, ayur arogya sampadham,
Mama shathru vinasaya deepa jyothi namosthuthe. 18

Let good things happen, Oh Goddess who does good.
Along with long life and with health,
Be pleased to destroy my enemies,
My salutations to her who is the flame of the lamp.

No comments: