Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Veenayum Vayichu (Malayalam prayer to Saraswathi)

Veenayum Vayichu (Malayalam prayer  to Saraswathi)

 

Translated by

P.R.Ramachander

 


1,Veenayum   vayichu  vedantha  vaatiyil

Veezhmen   AAnanda  Rani

Mannilee  maari vil  koottil  irikkunno-

Renne    nee  paade  mranno

 

Oh queen of joy, wjho playing veena

Is  living  in the  garden of Vedantha

Have   you completely   forgotten me,

Who lives in earth, the rain bow cage

 

2.Paathiraayakumbol paaapoo chooduvaan

Poo nilavayi  nee vannal

AAmbal poo poale aadaam jnaan, nee yennil

Ambili poleyayi  ninnal

 

When you are coming   as  flowery moon light,

To wear  the flower  of Paala  plants

I will  dance  like lily  flower   before you,

If you stand  like   moon   before me

 

3,Jeevande koombinde  naambinde  thumbinaal

Gaanathin  thejassam ninne

Mutti urumukayaanu  jnaan, appappol ,

Mottidum   oro  kinavaal

 

Using the   tip  of the petal   of flower   called life

Using the luster  of music, once in a while  ,

I will hit   and  touch you

By the dreams  that bud often

 

4.Neeyidum   thaalathil, naadathin  olathil

Neenthukayaanu  jnaan  devi

Neeyoru  kai than nu yenne  karethuka

Neela  mukhil   ani   veni

 

In the beats   that you keep, in the waves of music,

Oh Goddess   I am swimming

Please give a hand to me and pull me up to  the shore

Oh Goddess Veni  who is like the blue cloud

 

5.Yen  Guru Nadhande, yengal  iripponde,

Poonkaral   aayavle

Thingaliyunna thamburaan   than munnil

Thayyanam  paaduvole

 

Oh Goddess  who is flowery heart,

Of my Guru  , who is with me,

Who sings   songs  before,

The lord  who wears   the moon

No comments: