Sunday, June 2, 2019

Prayer to Lord of Pandharpur to take care of your child


Prayer  to Lord of Pandharpur to take  care of your child

By
P.R.Ramachander




( Except  a prayer in Malayalam addressed to Lord Guruvayurappan  , there are no prayers  with us  to pray for the welfare  of our child ,So I have  written a prayer in English for that  purpose. This prayer is addressed   to lord  of Lord Panduranga  of Vittal)

Oh Lord of Pandharpur  , who is my god,
Oh  Vittal  , this innocent poor man  falls at your feet,
When I am in trouble ,  I do not know    any one else,
Who would  take all my troubles  and blw it away

When My   little child takes  bath in the pond ,
Along  with so many  and forgets himself,
Hey Vittala  , In your form of incarnation of fish,
Please take care  of him   with great affection.

 I  am not able  to take   care  of child every minute ,
Oh my lord Vittal, who   took the load of Mandhara mountain,
On his back, please     take the burden of  looking after him,
Always and always, especially   when he  and me  are sleeping.

My child wants   to wander  all over the difficult  world,
Which some times  has    wild animal like   humans ,
And since  they do not understand  they are bad,
Oh Lord Vittal , in your  form as boar  do save them from them.

My child   some times   dreams   of  devils  and ghosts,
And sobs   and cries  in his  sleep , Oh my dear Vittala,
Please  in the form of  Lord Narasimha ,  who loves,
Children devoted  to you , do  scare  away all the fears from his  sleep.

My child one day  would   enter  the state  of  pride of youthfulness,
With snobbishness  , idiocy and   adamant  nature  ,
Oh Lord Vittala  , please   take   care of him  inspite  of this,
By taking   the form of Trivikrama, when you destroyed pride.

My child   some times    does  not know that  parents,
Are  having store house  of knowledge  born of experience,
Oh Lord Vittala  , please tell him    , that  you obeyed  your father,
As Parasurama   and became God and even now   with us.

My child  in the throes of   growing up  laughs at me  ,
When I talk about  truth    and Dharma , Oh Vittala,
Please  teach him   to follow these   great goals,
As Lord Rama  and tell him that  you did and became great.

My child   does not  understand  that , we are living ,
With all comforts, Oh Vittala  , because  of the plough,
Which  you carried   as Balabadhra   and  showed ,
The world   that  , without it none  of us can live.

My   child  is  very mischievous  and nothing else  , OH Lord of vittal,
Like   you were  , When you   were in Brindavan,
But he   forgets   that   over time  , you became so great ,
That you taught   the world , How to live  by teaching Gita.

Oh Lord of Vittal  who  lies on a bed of serpent,
In the  wavy ocean of milk and rides  on Garuda,
Please teach my child   that life is full of problems,
But   to succeed  in life , with a smile you have to face them.

Oh Lord Vittal  , who  daily  blesses  me  , please bless my child,
A full life of hundred   years of fame   as well  as shine,
With all the time  leading an active , prosperous life,
With great fame  and without   any sickness .

Oh Lord of Vittal ,  who blesses  the entire world,
Please   give my child   knowledge  with humility,
Broad mind  , lots   of riches , great wisdom ,
And make him devoted to you  always and always.

Oh Lord of Vittal  , like  me when this  child faces the world,
He would be troubled  by your illusion  and may  ,
Forget  that he  is just another  human and not  God,
Oh Lord of Vittal,   get him out of Maya   and bless him  with a great life

No prayer  to God   is effective   without   any faith ,
Please have faith in  God Vittal  and  chant  this prayer,
Daily , so that your dear, dear child   would get rid,
Of all sorrows and all troubles   and lead a  happy life.


No comments: