Sunday, July 12, 2009

Dasavatara Stotram (Malayalam)

Dasavathara Stotram
In Malayalam
Translated by
P.R.Ramachander

Dasavathara Stotram I

Ambodu meenayi vedangal veendidum,
Ambuja nabhane kai thozhunnen. 1

I salute the Lord with lotus on his belly.
Who with love became a fish to recover the Vedas.

Aamayayi mandaram thangi ninnedunna,
Thamarakannane kai thozhunnen. 2

I salute the Lord with Lotus eyes,
Who became a tortoise and carried Mandara on his back.

Ikshithiye pandu panniyayi veendidum,
Lakshmi vara nadhane kai thozhunnen. 3

I salute the blessed Lord of Lakshmi,
Who recovered the earth ,assuming the form of a boar.

Eedezhum manusha Kesariyayidum,
Koda kar varnane kai thozhunnen. 4

I salute the Lord with colour of black cloud,
Who rose suddenly as man-lion.

Uthamanagiya Vamana moorthiye,
Bhakthiyodu eppozhum kai thozhunnen. 5

I always salute with devotion that Lord,
Who became the very blessed Vamana.

Ookodu Bhoopathimare kola cheyda,
Bhargava Ramane kai thozhunnen. 6

I salute that Rama of the Brugu clan,
Who vigorously killed all kings.

Yethrayum veeranayi vazhum Dasaratha,
Puthrane santhatham kai thozhunnen. 7

I always salute the son Of Dasaratha,
Who lived as the greatest hero.

Yere balamulla Sri Balabhadrare,
Sarva kalathilum kai thozhunen. 8

I salute at all times that Lord,
Who was the extremely strong Balarama.
*Please note that Krishnavatara is dealt in stanza from 10-13

Ookkeyodukkuvan Melil pirakkunna,
Gadkiyethanneyum Kai thozhunnen. 9

I salute that Lord Kalki,
Who is going to be born to subdue everything.

Orathe jnan cheytha paapangal neenguvan,
Narayana ninne kai thozhunnen. 10

I salute that Lord Narayana,
So that the sins I committed without knowledge are washed out.

Ouvazhi nin kuzhal kambodu cheruvan,
Devaki nandana kai thozhunnen. 11

I salute the son of Devaki,
So that I can merge with his flute this way.

Aambadi thannil valaurunna paidale ,
Kumbittu jnan itha kai thozhunnen. 12

I am saluting you with a deep bow,
Oh, child who grew up among cowherds.

Aa kanam eerum durithangal pokkuvan,
Pushkara lochana kai thozhunnen. 13

I salute that Lotus eyed Lord,
So that I get rid of my heavy suffering.

Narayana, Guruvayur maruvidum,
Karunya Varidhe, kai thozhunnen. 14

I salute that Narayana who is the ocean of mercy,
And lives in Guruvayur.

Dasavathara Stotram II

Ambujayadha lochana komala,
Kambhudharana varidhe,
Kanmashapaha, nin pada pankajam,
Chemme kanumaraganam Govinda. 1

Oh handsome lord with lotus eyes,
Oh sea like lord , holding a conch,
Oh Lord without any blemishes,
Oh Lord Govinda, please allow me ,
To see your lotus like feet clearly.

Aazhi thannil muzhugiya Vedathe,
Meeluvan oru meenayi chennudan,
Eezhu sagaram choozhe ninnidunna,
Vesham ambodu kananam Govinda. 2

Oh Govinda, I would very much like to see you,
As a fish which went to rescue the Vedas,
Which were drowned in the sea ,
And was surrounded by the seven oceans.

Ichayode sura asura sanchayam,
Swacha varidhi thoyam kadayumbol ,
Kachabakrithi kai kondu mevidum,
Viswa vyapiye kanu maraganam., Govinda 3

Oh Govinda, I would very much like to see,
That Lord who is spread all over,
Who took the form of a tortoise,
When the devas and asuras,
Were churning the clear sea.

Yeshalenniye sookara veshamayi,
Dweshichidum hiranyakshne konnu,
Dhathree chakrathe veendu kondu vannoru,
Gathram membodu kananam, Govinda 4

Oh Govinda, I want to see the very huge Lord,
Who without hesitation took the form of a boar,
Killed the hateful Hiranyakshna,
And again brought back the earth.

Ugranaya Hiranya kasipuve,
Nigrahicha Narasimha moorthiye,
Agre Prahlada sevithanayittu,
Vyagram koodathe Kannenam, govinda. 5

Oh Govinda, I want see without fear that,
Narasimha Murthy who killed,
The ferocious Hiranya Kasipu,
Along with Prahlada, serving you.

Oodamodham Mahabli Thannodu,
Goodamayi chennu moovadi bhoomiye,
Yachicheedunna Vamana moorthiye,
Sevicheedumaraganam, Govinda. 6

Oh Govinda, I want to serve,
That Vamana who was deceitfully begging for,
Three feet of land from that Mahabali..
With the great burden of guilt.

Yenni kondu irupathi onnu pravasyam,
Yennamillatha kshatriya vamsaththe,
Dandipicha Parasuramakruthi,
Kannil kanumarakenam, Govinda, 7

Oh Govinda, I want to see with my own eye,
That form of Parasurama, who punished,
Innumerable kshatriya clan , twenty one times.

Yena ner mizhi Janaki chorane,
Banameythu vadicha sri Ramane,
Kaani neram piriyathe yen mumbil,
Kanu maru arulidenam, Govinda. 8

Oh Govinda, please bless me with the continuous,
Sight without break of even a second,
Of Sri Rama, who killed the kidnapper of Janaki,
By sending continuous rain of arrows.

Aayo Hasthinapuram puri pukku,
Kayyil mevum kalappayil koreettu,
Payyave erivaan thuniyum,
Badra Ramane kananam, Govinda. 9

Oh Govinda, I want to see that Balarama,
Who went to the city of Hasthinapura,
And started to throw it away,
Using the plough that he has in his hand.

Ottozhiyathe bhoo baram theerpanayi,
Dushta bhoopanmare konnu mudichathum,
Pettannambodu kattiyathokkeyum,
Krishna roopame kananam Govinda. 10

Oh Govinda , I want to see that Krishna,
Who killed several groups of kings,
For lessening the burden of the earth,
And also with affection showed several playful acts.

OOrkil yethrayum pediyaam ini mel,
Gadgi yayittu avatharikkunnathum,
Gadgavum yendi , mlechere okkeyum,
Vekkam kolvathum, kananam Govinda. 11

Oh Govinda , I want to see the extremely,
Fearful form of Lord Kalki, who is yet to be born,
Kill all the barbarians with sword in his hand.

Ouvidhamaya pathavatharavum,
Chovvode cholvan aarkku kazhiyunnu,
Daivame thava karunyam kondu may,
Kai varename kaivalyam Govinda. 12

Oh Govinda, I should be able to realize salvation,
Which would be got by all those people,
Who are able to tell clearly without mistakes,
The ten incarnations of Lord Vishnu.

Aanthamillathe gnan cheytha pavathe ,
Nin thiruvadi neeki kalanju udan,
Aanthya kalathu mukthiye nalkuvan,
Bandu nee aallathilla, Govinda. 13

Oh Govinda, I do not have any relation except you,
Who can remove the endless sins committed by me,
And grant me salvation at the time of my death.

Achyuthananda Govinda madhava,
Sachidanand roopa, Sanathana,
Ucharikkay varenam , nin naamangal,
Viswa nayaka Vishno Namasthuthe. 14

OH Achyutha, Oh Aananda, Oh Govinda, Oh Madhava,
Oh God who has the form of the divine happiness,
Oh God who has been forever, I should be able,
To chant all your divine names,
Oh Lord of universe, Oh Vishnu, My salutations.

No comments: