Monday, February 10, 2014

Vishnu Kavacham

Vishnu Kavacham
(The Armour of Vishnu)

Translated by
P.R.Ramachander

Asya  Sri Vishnu kavacha sytotra manthrasya Brahma Rishi, Anushtup  Chanda,Sriman Narayano Devatha

For the armour  of Vishnu the sage  is Brahma, the meter is Anushtup and the  God addressed is Lord Narayana

Adha Kara Nyasam (Rituals of hand)

Kesavaya Angushtabhyamnama  salutations with Thumb to Kesava
Narayanaya Tharjeenibhyam nama Salutation with pointer finger to Narayana
Madhavaya Madhyamabhyam nama  Salutation to Madhava   with middle finger
Govindhaya Anamikabhyam nama Salutations to Govinda with ring finer
Vishnave  kanishtikabhyaam nama   Salutations   to Vishnu   with little finger
Madhu soodanaya Karathala kara prushtabhyam nama Salutations with front and back of  palm to killer of Madhu

Adha hrudayaadhi nyasam   (Rituals of heart)

Trikramaya  Hrudayaya nama Salutations  to Trivikrama touching the chest
Vamanaya   Sirase Swaha   Salutations to Vamana touching the head
Sridharaya Shikaya  Vashat- SA;utations  to sridhara touvhing hair on head
Hrishikesaya Kavachaya hum.Salutations to Hrishikesa   for the Armour
Padmanabhaya   Nethra thrayaya  Voushat – salutations to Padmanabha and Lord Shiva
Idhi Di bandha- Like this I tie  all the directions

Adha Dhyanam
1.Santhakaram Bujaga sayanam Padmanabham suresam,
Viswadharam Gagana sadrusam Megha varnam shubangam
Lakshmi kantham kamala nayanam Yogi hrid dyana gamyam 
Vande vishnum bava bhayaharam sava lokaika nadham 3

I bow before the God Vishnu,
Who is personification of peace,
Who sleeps on his folded arms,
Who has a lotus on his belly,
Who is the God of gods,
Who is the basis of earth,
Who is similar to the sky,
Who is of the colour of the cloud,
Who has beautiful limbs,
Who is the consort of Lakshmi,
Who has lotus like eyes,
Who is seen by saints through thought,
Who kills all worries and fears,
And who is the lord of all the worlds.

Kavacham

2.Poorvatha maam Hari Pathu , Paschad Chakri cha Dakshine,
Krishna utharatha pathu Sriso,  Vishnuscha Sarvasa

Let me be protected  in the east by Hari, West by he holds the Wheel,
South  by Krishna , North by lord of Lakshmi , In all  places by Lord Vishnu.

3.OOrdhwam anandakruth pathu, adasthath sarnga bruth THadha.
Padhou pathu Sarojangri, Janghe pathu Janardhana.

Let my top be protected by  one who makes us happy and down protected by one who holds Saranga,
Let my feet be protected by one who has lotus like feet  and Janardhana protect  my shanks

4.Januni may Jagannadha , ooru pathu TRivikrama,
Guhyam pathu Hrishikesa, Prushtam pathu Mamavyaya

Let my knees  be protected by  Lord of earth  ,let  Trivikrama protect my thighs
Let Hrishikesa protect my private parts , let my back be protected by  my  non decaying one.

5.Pathu Naabhim mamanantha , Kukshim Rakshasa mardhana,
Damodharo  may Hrudayam , Vaksha pathu Nrukesari.

Let my Anantha protect  my stomach and  the killer of Rakshasas protect my  abdomen,
Let Damodhara protect my chest  and let the  lion  like king  protect my  bosom.

6.Karou may Kaliyarathi, Bhujou Bhaktharthi Bhanjana,
Kandam Kalkambudha Shyama, skandho may Kamsa mardhana

Let my hands be protected by enemy of Kalya  and my arm be protected by  the destroyer of desire of devotees,
Let  my  neck be protected  one who is black like dark cloud , let killer of Kamsa protect my shoulders,

7.Narayanovyaanasam may karnou Kesi BHanjana,
Kapalo pathu Vaikundo, Jihwaam pathu Dhayanidhi

Let the decay less Narayana  protect our nose m, let killer of Kesi protect our ears,
Let The God in Vaikunta protect our skull   and  let  treasure of mercy protect our toungue.

8.AAsyam Dasasya hanthaa  AAvyath ,Nethre may Harilochana,
Bruvow parhu Bhoomeeso, Lalatam may Sadachyutha.

Let  sound box be protected by killer of Ravana , Let the green eyed one protect  my eyes,
Let the consort of earth protect my eye brows  and let my forehead be protected  by the forever achyutha.

9.Mukham may pathu Govinda , Siro Garuda Vahana,
Maam Sesha sayi sarvebhyo , Vyadhibhyo Bhaktha  vathsala.

Let my face be protected  by Gov9inda , head by one who rides on eagle,
Let the one who sleeps on serpent protect all my parts   and the one who loves devotees my sicknesses

10.Pisachagni  Jalebhyo  maam aapadbhyo  aavatha Vamana,
Sarvebhyo Durithebhyascha  pathu maam Purushothama

Let Vamana   protect me from dangers cased by ghosts , fire   and water,
Let Puruhothama protect me    from all sorts   of sufferings.

11.Idham Vishnu Kavacham , SArva Mangala dhayakam,
SArva Roga  prasamanam , SArva Sathru  vinasanam.

This is the armour  of Vishnu  which gives  all sorts of auspiciousness,
Which cures  all diseases   and destroyer of all enemies

Ithi Sri Vishnu  Kavacham Sampoornam
Thus ends the  armour of Vishnu.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome info by author... keep blogging admin... read hanuman chalisa daily friends