Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Deivame kai thozhaam (a malayalam prayer)

Deivame kai thozhaam

By
Pandalam Kerala verma

Translated  by
P.R.Ramachander




1.Deivame  kai thozhaam  ,kelkkumarakanam,
Paavam yenne nee  kakkumaarakanam
Yennullil bhakthi yundumarakanam,
Ninne   jnan   yennume  Kanumaarakanam

1.Oh God  I salute you , be pleased to hear me  ,
Be pleased to protect   me  who is an innocent one  ,
Please   create   devotion to you in my mind ,
Please make   yourself visible to me   forever

2,Ner vazhikkenne   nee  kondu poyyedenam,
Ner varum   sangadam basmamaakeedenam,
Dushta samsargam   varaathe  yaakkidenam,
Sishtarayullavar  thozharaayidenam

2.Please take me always in the right path,
Please make in to ashes the sorrows which come  ,
Please make me avoid the company of evil people  ,
And let those  good disciplined people  become my friends.

3.Nalla karyangalil   premam undaakenam,
Nalla vaakku othuvaan   thraniyundaakenam  ,
Kruthyangal cheyyuvaan   sradha yundaakenam  ,
SAthyam paranjidaan   sakthi yundaakenam.

3.Let me have   love  for good acts  ,
Let me have strength to tell  good words  ,
Let me have  interest   in  doing  all acts  ,
Let me have  the strength   to tell the truth.




No comments: