Sunday, October 11, 2020

Lalitha Sthava rathnam

 

Lalitha   Sthava  rathnam

 

By

Sage Durvasa

 

Translated by

P.R.Ramachander




 

( I have taken this great Stotra from  “Jaya Mangala Stotra”  by the great  Sengalipuram.. he says that by reading

1.All the defects from body and sense organs   would go away

2,Would remove Sumangali Saapa, Go saapa  etcwhich is indicated byMoon , shukra and Rahu  being neecha  in the horoscope.

3.Even a dumb person will talk

4. Those who stammer  would start  taking  normally)

 

1.Vandhe  gajendra vadanam vaamanga roopa vallabhaslishtam

Kumkuma paraga senam kuvalayinee jaara koraaka  peedam

 

I  salute him who  has face of king of elephants,

Who is hugged   by his wife Vallabha  sitting on his left lap,

Who is of the colour  of the kumkuma   dust,

And who wears  the moon who makes the red flowers on his head.

 

2.Lalithaa pathu siro, lalatam ambaa cha  madhumathi  roopaa

Bru yugmam cha bhavani, pushpasaraa pathu lochana   dwandham

 

Let Lalitha protect  my head and the mother  with  honeyed form protect my forehead,

Let Bhavani  protect the two eye brows and Goddess who uses  flowers as arrows protect my eyes

 

3.Paayaa nasam Balaa subhangaa ,Danthamshcha  sundari  jihvaam

Adharoshtam aadhi   sakthischakra kesi pathu  may   chiram   chibukam

 

Let  Bala  protect my nose, the one with pretty limbs  my teeth   and  the pretty one my toungue

Let Adhi sakthi  protect my lower lips, Sakresi protect my chin  for a long time

 

4.Kameshwari cha karnou, Kamakahi pathu gandayor  yugalam

Sringara  nayika vyaadh  vadhanam , Simhasaneswari cha galam

 

Let Kameswari protect my ears, Kamakshi protect both  my cheeks

Let Sringara Nayaki protect my  face and Goddess of throne protect the neck

 

5.Skanda  prasooscha pathu Skandhou, Bahu cha patalaangi  may

Paani cha padma nilayaa paayaadh anisam nakha  valeer  Vijayaa

 

Let  mother of Skanda  protect both my shoulders, Patalaangi  my hands

Let she who lives in lotus protect my palms and Vijaya, the row of my  nails

 

6.Kodandini cha vaksha kukshimcha avyaathkulaachala  thanujaa,

Kalyani cha valkalam katim cha paayaath kala dhara  sikhandaa

 

Let kodandini protect the chest and daughter  of king of mountains protect the stomach,

Let  Kalyani  protect   the middle part and let who has moon as ornament  protect my hips

 

7.Oorru dwayam cha paayaadh Umaa, Mrudaanee cha Jaanuni raksheth

Jange   cha  shodaseem paayaadh padhouu cha paasa  srunee  hasthaa

 

Let  Uma protect   my two thighs, Mrudaani my   two knees,

Let  Shodasi protect my calves ane the mother   who wears   sruni leaves protect my legs

 

8.Praatha pathu paraa maam, madhyaahne pathumanigruhaadheesaa

Sarvaanyaavathu cha  saayam paayaadh rathrou cha  BHairavi  Saakshath

 

Let Paraa bhattarika protect me in the morning, the owner of gem studded house in  the after noon

Let sarvaani protect me  in the evening and at night    the real Bhairavi at night

 

9.Bhaaryaa  rakshathu gauri paayaath puthraamscha  bindu gruha  peedaa

Sri vidhyaa   cha  yaso may seelam saa avvyaavyaa chiram maha   raagni

 

Let Gauri protect my wife and let her who lives in Bindu graha protect my sons

Let   Sri Vidhya protect my fame and let my conduct  The   great queen

 

10.Pavanamayi paavaka mayi, kshonimayi, gaganamayi krupeetamayi

Ravimayi, sasi mayi dingmayi  samayamayi praanamayi shive  paahi

 

Oh wife of Shiva  , pervaded with wind, fire  , earth , sky, water,

Sun  , moon , directions, time  and  the soul, protect me

 

11.Kali  , kapalini, soolini, bhairavi, mathangi, panchami  , tripure

Vaag devi, Vindhya vaasini Bale bhuvanesi  palaya

 

Oh Kali  , Kapalini  , Soolini, BHairavi,Matangi  , Panchami  , Tripuraa

Goddess  of word,  goddess  who lives in Vindhyaa, Bala   and Bhuvaneswari, always  protect me

 

12.Abhinaya  sindhooraabhamambaa  thwaam   chinthayanthi  ye  hrudaye

Uparee  nipathanthi  theshaam uthpala nayanaa  kadaksha   kallola

 

They who   think about you , who is like  kumkum   in their heart,

On them will fall the vision   of  Godess  Mahalakshmi  with flower like eyes, always

 

13.Vargaashtakamilithaabhir vaseeni mukhyaa miraavruthaam bhavatheem

Chindayathaam sitha varnaam vaacho niyaanya yathno  vadanaath

 

From those who meditate  on you  , who  is surrounded by  vaseeni  and other goddesses,

With   Vargashtakas(aa, ka, cha, ta, tha, pa, ya, cha)and who is white, pretty   words will  come out

 

14.Kana kasalaaka gaurim  karna vyolola kundalathvidhaam

Prahasitha  mukhim  cha bhavatheem dhyayantho ye  tha evabhoothnadhaa

 

You are, Gauri who  is of the colour  of golden wire, who has moving ear  globes in both ears

And who has  a smiling  face  and who ever meditates on you  they will  be richest  in the world

 

15.Seershaamboruha  madhye seethala   peeyusha  varnini bhavatheem

Anu dhina anu chinthayathaam aayushyam  bhavathi pushkalamavanyaam

 

You are one  on whose centre of the head  , the cool  nectar  is being  poured

And those   who meditate  on you daily, would have  limitless  life span  in this world

 

16.Madhura smithaam madhaaruna  nayanaam, mathanga  kumbha  vakshojaam

Chandravathamsini thwaam savidhe pasyanthi skrudhina kechith

 

Some lucky devotees see you, who has a sweet smile, red eyes due to brfuddled nature, who has   hard breasts like   the head  of the elephants,

And who wears the crescent  of the moon, very near to them  , by their   side.

 

17.Lalithaayaa sthavarathnam, lalitha  padhaabhi praneetha maaryabhi

Prathi dhina mavanou padathaam   phalaani vakthum pragalmathe  saiva

 

This gem of prayer  addressed to Lalitha with  simple words, in  aarvaa  metere

If  read   daily, Only that  goddess Lalitha herself can tell about  the great results

No comments: